• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting to Paris

godslamb

Time of past OR future Camino
May (2014)
I am sure this has been asked before, BUT I want some CURRENT information....

Where can I book CHEAP tickets to Paris from Atlanta????? I have looked everywhere I can think of or Google, and I can't find anything less than $1,800!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!

The only service that I could find that was super cheap turns out to have horrible reviews, so I am trying not to purchase tickets from sketchy people...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hipmunk.com and Kayak.com are the best current aggregators. Miles are good. Have you tried a travel agent for the possibility of a special-fare ticket that doesn't show up in the internet searches?

I have tried those two sites, but the cheapest is with Airfare.com, and they are not known to be reliable from what I've read. I haven't called a travel agency yet. That was my next move if nothing from the internet booking sites worked out.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We just booked from Hawaii to Paris via Boston for about $1350 US roundtrip on Priceline, between $300 - $400 less than other sites were advertising. You can name your own reasonably reduced price based on what you find comparable elsewhere. Problem is that they don't allow you to view itinerary beforehand, also they charge a fee on top of fare, so read the fine print. Travel mid week, our dates were late August, return early October. Paid a little extra and purchased insurance in case something changes. Still beat anything else we could find as long as you can be flexible on dates and not fussy about arrival times and layovers. Buen camino. :D

Checkout XL French Airways. You can get a one way ticket from NYC to Paris for $350. Tickets to NYC from Atlanta should be cheap. Should be able to get it all for around $1000 - $1200.
Good Luck!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Could you provide some target dates? Your profile says you were starting last month.

Thanks everyone. I am not leaving until NEXT may. I know that I do have time to get things figured out, but I still want to have a plan for my tickets...no to mention, enough money too.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

We had a crew flying to Nice this year, and by far the cheapest ticket was a friend who flew Aeroflot, Dulles to Moscow, Moscow to Nice. We joked it would be one leg full of spys, one leg full of rich Russians headed to their mistress they keep in the south of France. It worked well and saved her $400.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Just getting to Europe and then using Ryanair to the final destination can save a ton. You just have to be willing to go to unexpected places or small towns.

{Candace, Texas, USA)
http://www.pilgrimontherun.com
-a blog about life, a bucket list, and a future pilgrimage-
KIK: candacehoweth91

Choweth said:
Just getting to Europe and then using Ryanair to the final destination can save a ton. You just have to be willing to go to unexpected places or small towns.

And factor in the costs of travel from those small towns. Plus the fees for checked bags etc.

Going to Spain Vueling (Spanish carrier) might be a better choice all costs in then Ryanair. Or even Easyjet. Unless things have changed both have better baggage limits.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back