Search 62305 Camino Questions

Getting to Rabanal and Gaucelmo

nparist

I'll be leaving Chicago around April 28 and need to get to Rabanal and the Confraternity's refugio (just past Leon and Astorga). In the past I've flown into Madrid or Paris, but I'm wondering if there's a better way. Any special flights from London? Or from anywhere else? Or is Madrid and a bus still my best choice? Thanks. Nancy

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
yes, Madrid and bus/train, tho you could hire a car - would probably be faster if that's your criterion. Oviedo/Asturias, Valladolid and Santiago airports are all nearer, but you would have to go to Madrid or possibly London first to get there.

If you have a reason to go through London the Valladolid flight on Ryanair is a possibility there is a bus connection to Astorga.
VALLADOLID - ASTORGA
13:30 16:10 9,31€
14:45 17:40 9,31€
19:30 22:10 9,31€

If you have no reason to go via London the Madrid route is a better bet as Peter says.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I have just booked 2 flights to arrive in Biarritz Sept 3rd at 17.40, this is a surprise for my husband as he has always wanted to do part of the camino, my worry is how do I get from the...
I'm sure this has been covered extensively already; however, I can't seem to find a quick and easy answer. We are in the initial stages of thinking about our next walk, this will be our fifth, and...
Hi. Busy planning our first Camino for June/July 2023. We are arriving in Santander by Ferry and plan to walk the last 100km starting in Sarria. We are wondering whether it would be best to...

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides