Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Getting to Sarria from Santiago de Compostela

caitlinmoran

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to walk in May 2016
Hello.

I am trying to figure out how to get TO Sarria FROM Santiago de Compostela. I have read about the busses, but my question is: Do I need to pre-book tickets online, or can I buy tickets on the bus?

Thank you!

Caitlin

Create your own ad
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
You can buy tickets at the bus station in Santiago or on the bus itself, but if you want to make sure that you have a seat, you should buy it online beforehand here: http://www.monbus.es/en

Buen Camino, SY

D

Deleted member 3000

I am trying to figure out how to get TO Sarria FROM Santiago de Compostela. I have read about the busses, but my question is: Do I need to pre-book tickets online, or can I buy tickets on the bus?
You don't say if you are going directly from the airport or from downtown Santiago. At the airport you will buy the ticket to Lugo on the bus. At the bus station you buy the ticket from the ticket window. Since the bus from Lugo to Sarria is a different line, you buy a ticket for it at the station window in Lugo. There are enough buses each day that I don't think tickets are ever sold out.

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Bus from Santiago to Lugo, connect to bus to Sarria. On Monbus.

In my experience, it is two separate fares, and tickets can be bought on from the driver on board. All terminal places are Estacion de Autobuses.

I hope this helps.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino

Most read last week in this forum

I hope not too many pilgrims were planning to travel by ferry (supposedly better than flying i thought...) to Spain or Portugal..... We cycled from Lisbon to SdC many years ago. But - recently I...
I remember a couple of years ago there was discussion about how people track cheap prices for flights, but I can't find any of the threads now. I guess it's possible that the landscape has changed...
What's the approximate cost of getting the train from Biarritz Airport to SJPdP? I'm wondering how it compares to taking a taxi with two or three others. I'm also aware of Express Bourricot, which...

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides