• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting to SJPdP from Pamplona

LanaGonzales

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2012
SJPdP-Pamplona 2018
i walked the Camino in 2012 and distinctly remember getting a bus from Pamplona to SJPdP. But everything I read now says the bus only goes to Roncesvalles and you need a taxi to SJPdP. Is this true? When did they discontinue to bus?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The Pamplona to Saint Jean route is run by ALSA/CONDE, a national and international carrier, and is seasonal. They do not put the route on the website until two months before they will actually start running the buses. In 2016 the start date was the first of March. The Pamplona to Roncevalles route is run by the Navarra regional carrier Autocares Artieda and runs all year.

When on the ALSA site you must search for the SJPdP destination by spelling out Saint in full or it will not be found.

https://www.alsa.es/
http://www.autocaresartieda.com/?scc=roncesvalles

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
i walked the Camino in 2012 and distinctly remember getting a bus from Pamplona to SJPdP. But everything I read now says the bus only goes to Roncesvalles and you need a taxi to SJPdP. Is this true? When did they discontinue to bus?

It seems thas ALSA company operates this route only in summertime. Try to contact PLM autocares. This company arrives at Valcarlos from Pamplona dayly. Valcarlos is about 10 KM far from Saint jean in the sapanish border with France.

WWW.PLMautocares.com.

It seems thas ALSA company operates this route only in summertime. Try to contact PLM autocares. This company arrives at Valcarlos from Pamplona dayly. Valcarlos is about 10 KM far from Saint jean in the sapanish border with France.

WWW.PLMautocares.com.
Their page that shows their routes doesn't show anything going there.
It shows:

Madrid – Pamplona
Pamplona – Madrid
Aeropuerto Barajas T4
Pamplona – Jaén
Jaén – Pamplona
Ampliación Pamplona Jaén
Madrid – Haro
Haro – Madrid
Madrid – Logroño
Logroño – Madrid​

This thread may be helpful - although ignore the posts about Corazon Puro - unfortunately it closed last year and that service is no longer offered.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
This thread may be helpful - although ignore the posts about Corazon Puro - unfortunately it closed last year and that service is no longer offered.
Sorry to hear Corazon Puro is closed. Barbara said she was hoping to reopen this year but had closed last year as she had to return to Hungary on family business. I know she was upset that even though she had paid the rent for the year, someone else had moved in and was operating under her name. So sad to hear she is not coming back, her and Istvan are a lovely young couple

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back