• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting to SJPP from Dallas

TXwalker

Time of past OR future Camino
May (2019)
Has anyone flown directly from DFW airport to Pamplona and then taken bus to SJPP?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I don't think you can do a direct flight to Pamplona. However, one can fly into Madrid or Paris and take an inexpensive flight to Biarritz airport and then a short shuttle ride to SJPdP. It is less travel time than if going via Pamplona to SJPdP.

Two years ago good friend of mine flew from Dallas to Madrid to walk the Camino. She then took the bus to Pamplona and another bus to Saint Jean. She said it was quite easy and inexpensive.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There are no direct flights from DFW to Pamplona that I ever found...That said...Last year I flew from DFW to Madrid and caught the bus FROM the airport to where I was going. So easy! When I go later this year...my plan is the same flight - and train to Pamplona (as I need to go into Madrid BEFORE I hit the trail). If you are in Dallas...i'd be happy to meet up and answer any questions.

We flew on an AA/Iberia codeshare LAX-MAD-Pamplona. Very very easy and smooth. Should be easy to do from Dallas, isn't that the AA hub? Got into Pamplona too late for the bus to SJPdeP so took a cab. Well worth it. If I were to start near Pamplona again I would do the same thing. My traveling companion, who has traveled all over the world, believed in taking the same form of transportation as far as it will get you (as long as it is sensible) until she switches over to the next form. Don't ask me why but it worked for us!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
My flight was from Minneapolis to DFW to Paris. Then I took the train to Bayonne and another to St. Jean.
One should definitely avoid traveling by rail in France this year.

As a Dallas Pilgrim, a AA Million Miler and an experienced International traveller, DFW-MAD and then the bus to Pamplona/SJPP is probably the easiest.

If though you have time and want to see a bit of the region, I flew from DFW to JFK and then to Lisbon. I spent a day exploring that city and flew to Bordeaux the next day. Train to Bayonne and the to SJPP. It sounds complicated but, it’s quite easy. I met several Pilgrims in Bayonne, great trip. TAP Portugal is a nice airline. Flew out of A Coruña back to JFK on my way home.

You’re on an adventure, be adventurous!

Flying into Madrid or Pamplona then bussing to SJPP is the best way to go in my opinion. I’ve gone through Paris. Longer and more chance of strikes. Fly into Madrid and bus to Pamplona or fly into Pamplona and give yourself a couple of days to adjust to the time change then hop a bus to SJPP. That way when you walk back through you can skip Pamplona and get out of the wave of pilgrims stopping there.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Use the website 'rome2rio' It will give you all options

Completely agree with RJM, until the rail issues in France are resolved, SNCF (French Rail) should be avoided if at all possible. Fly in to Madrid, Barcelona, Pamplona, San Sebastián, etc.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back