• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting to Tui starting from a flight in the US

Emelle

Time of past OR future Camino
Potential Peregrina
How do I get to Tui, starting from a flight in the US? Can I take the train or bus from Lisbon to Tui or is it best to fly into Porto and then take a bus or train to Tui. Or is it best to fly to Santiago and then take the train to bus to Tui? Any suggestions would be most welcome. TIA.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
How do I get to Tui, starting from a flight in the US? Can I take the train or bus from Lisbon to Tui or is it best to fly into Porto and then take a bus or train to Tui. Or is it best to fly to Santiago and then take the train to bus to Tui? Any suggestions would be most welcome. TIA.
Hi:
You can fly to Vigo too. Rome2Rio excellent app to check.

Bon Caminho

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I would fly to Porto, then train, but there are multiple combinations with Porto, Santiago and even Vigo airport, then bus or train.
Buen Camino!

Fly into Porto and take flixbus. Download the app very reasonable

When I last did the final 100k of CP, we flew into Santiago and taxi'd to Tui - very simple & straightforward.
Can highly recommend the taxi driver we used (and have again since) Jose Manuel Canada of Taxi Travel SCQ - http://www.taxitravelscq.com

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The closest airport to Tui is Vigo. However, this is a very small airport, with limited flight connections. Your best bet is probably Porto. From there you can take either a train or bus to Valença. You can just walk from Valença; it's very close to Tui. I'm not sure, but there are probably also buses stopping at Tui.

If you fly into Santiago, you can take either a train or a bus to Vigo and then a bus from Vigo to Tui.

Tui is accessed by Renfe Train that connects Vigo Guixar to Valença. There is Renfe train and Monbus bus service from Santiago to Vigo. There are two train stations in Vigo.

There is local bus service from Vigo bus station to Tui provided by ATSA (not ALSA) http://www.automovilesdetuy.es/horarios.html Use Guarda Y Vigo schedule.

CP provides Celta rail service from Oporto (and Lisbon) to Valença and onward to Vigo. Apparently it is a short walk from Valença across an interesting bridge to Tui.

I would suggest the deciding factor for the decision for Lisbon/Oporto/Santiago is schedule and cost. Vigo has an airport too but it has limited service.

Last edited:
If you are over 65 years old you get half fare on Portuguese trains

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Greetings! I will be traveling with my daughter to walk the Camino Portuguese from Porto in July. The dates are a bit flexible, but not completely so. I’ve been researching flight tickets, and...
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back