A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Gite 1K out of Osterbat where they sing Ultreia

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(15,16,18)CheminduPuy(16) Portuguese(16 VDLP(17)Primitivo(17)Ireland-3000K(18) Norte18Vasco17
Can anybody help me to remember the name of the Gite and the name of the husband and wife owners who provide a communal dinner and he sings Ultreia while serving?

thanks

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'CP, Frances,Norte,Salv/prim;Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, Vdlp 2019>Táb/ Prt Levante 2020
Can anybody help me to remember the name of the Gite and the name of the husband and wife owners who provide a communal dinner and he sings Ultreia while serving?

thanks
Yes -stayed there in 2016.

Gîte d’étape Gaine Koetxea
He really gets into it. I’ve got video of the evening meal too. Quite an atmosphere.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(15,16,18)CheminduPuy(16) Portuguese(16 VDLP(17)Primitivo(17)Ireland-3000K(18) Norte18Vasco17
Yes -stayed there in 2016.

Gîte d’étape Gaine Koetxea
He really gets into it. I’ve got video of the evening meal too. Quite an atmosphere.

Thanks. Lucie I remember now and his name appears to be Beñat. And yes he did sing Ultreia with much joy.

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'CP, Frances,Norte,Salv/prim;Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, Vdlp 2019>Táb/ Prt Levante 2020
Yes - pictures of him there on gronze. The gite has a great swimming pool but it was covered when I was there.
- Annie

Camino(s) past & future
Yes - pictures of him there on gronze. The gite has a great swimming pool but it was covered when I was there.
- Annie
I arrived there on a very hot day in the mid to high 30’s and the pool was a godsend.

amancio

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Leban-Vadin, Fisterra, Invierno, LePuy
I was there and found it a tourist trap, not very impressed with him and the show he plays to tourists every night. Maybe it was not his best day, but they were not very kind to pilgrims or to Spaniards, I am not sure. There as a bus load of French tourists with lots of luggage, and two or three poor ignored pilgrims

Camino(s) past & future
E
I was there and found it a tourist trap, not very impressed with him and the show he plays to tourists every night. Maybe it was not his best day, but they were not very kind to pilgrims or to Spaniards, I am not sure. There as a bus load of French tourists with lots of luggage, and two or three poor ignored pilgrims
Everybody’s experience is different I suppose. I found with Lucie cooking and Beñat singing away made for a lovely dinner experience.

Lleslie

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2014)
Camino Via Podiensis (2018)
We stayed here too in June 2018, arriving exhausted on a hot day after some steep climbs to a very cool (cold) welcome from Madame. In the end tho we believe she is just very reserved whereas her husband is very exuberant! She was happy to have her photo taken with the huge cow bell she was ringing to announce dinner. Dinner was the usual high standard that we had experienced in the gites and the entertainment a great finale to our last night on the chemin. As we needed to leave before the the usual breakfast time our hosts insisted on serving us an early breakfast and gave us hugs goodbye. The video above brought back great memories😊

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock