Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Gite Bidean - new accommodation in SJPdP?

trecile

Camino Addict
Year of past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Although I already made a booking in St Jean, I thought that I'd check Booking.com again for my dates. They have added Gite Bidean to their site. It's at 11 rue d'Espagne, not far from the Pilgrim's Office. It's a better price for a private room than the other place that I booked at, so I changed my booking. I'm just wondering if this is a brand new place, or perhaps it had a different name in the past. Here's the listing on Booking https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/gite-bidean-saint-jean-pied-de-port.html There's no reviews yet, but I think that I'll take a chance on it.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
D

Deleted member 67185

Although I already made a booking in St Jean, I thought that I'd check Booking.com again for my dates. They have added Gite Bidean to their site. It's at 11 rue d'Espagne, not far from the Pilgrim's Office. It's a better price for a private room than the other place that I booked at, so I changed my booking. I'm just wondering if this is a brand new place, or perhaps it had a different name in the past. Here's the listing on Booking https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/gite-bidean-saint-jean-pied-de-port.html There's no reviews yet, but I think that I'll take a chance on it.

It looks really nice! It sort of reminds me of Gite Makila which I enjoyed. . . the private rooms are wonderful and a bargain compared to a lot of offerings for private rooms. Gite Bidean looks to be another great offering.

I don't recall having seen it before on Booking.com, so it may be fairly new.

trecile

Camino Addict
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
It looks really nice! It sort of reminds me of Gite Makila which I enjoyed. . . the private rooms are wonderful and a bargain compared to a lot of offerings for private rooms. Gite Bidean looks to be another great offering.

I don't recall having seen it before on Booking.com, so it may be fairly new.
I tried to book Gite Makila, but it was full. In fact I was checking Booking.com to see if perhaps a vacancy there had come up. On the listing for Gite Bidean it says that it has only been on Booking.com since February 7th.

D

Deleted member 67185

I tried to book Gite Makila, but it was full. In fact I was checking Booking.com to see if perhaps a vacancy there had come up. On the listing for Gite Bidean it says that it has only been on Booking.com since February 7th.

The same thing happened with Makila when I tried booking last year. After several months of checking accommodations in SJPdP for the 3rd week of September, I finally was getting ready to book an alternative to Makila, as they had been showing no availability of a private room for my chosen date. I checked one last time, and lo and behold, a room was listed available. I quickly reserved it.

If Gite Bidean had been available, I might have booked it. :)

Monasp

I'm a manager of pilgrims office in SJPP
Camino in 2008.
Hi, Bidean is a new albergue in SJPP . This year opens for 1rst time. We'll meet the owner next monday for informations about this albergue.

Camino Masks
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

trecile

Camino Addict
I just checked the ratings on booking.com, and it now has a rating of 9.4 - "wonderful". The only negative comment was someone who wanted sheets for the bunks. Must be a new pilgrim. 😉

Arctic_Alex

Finished: Camino Frances April/May 2019
Canceled: Primitivo May 2020
Will be staying there next week (April 3) ... if the weather is bad maybe even two nights ;-)

mspath

Veteran Member
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Do they take delivery of bikes for the Camino ?

Gilmour,
Welcome to the Forum which offers a wealth of camino info.

However do note that the earlier posts on this thread are from 2019.
Here is a current reference

You might contact the gite and ask about bike delivery.

Happy planning and Buen camino!

Last edited:

TAF

July/Aug 2019 Logrono to Sahagun
May 2020 SJPP to Logrono
I have booked to stay here for one night in May (21st). Looks to be well situated.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Masks