• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Gite Bidean - new accommodation in SJPdP?

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
Although I already made a booking in St Jean, I thought that I'd check Booking.com again for my dates. They have added Gite Bidean to their site. It's at 11 rue d'Espagne, not far from the Pilgrim's Office. It's a better price for a private room than the other place that I booked at, so I changed my booking. I'm just wondering if this is a brand new place, or perhaps it had a different name in the past. Here's the listing on Booking https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/gite-bidean-saint-jean-pied-de-port.html There's no reviews yet, but I think that I'll take a chance on it.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Although I already made a booking in St Jean, I thought that I'd check Booking.com again for my dates. They have added Gite Bidean to their site. It's at 11 rue d'Espagne, not far from the Pilgrim's Office. It's a better price for a private room than the other place that I booked at, so I changed my booking. I'm just wondering if this is a brand new place, or perhaps it had a different name in the past. Here's the listing on Booking https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/gite-bidean-saint-jean-pied-de-port.html There's no reviews yet, but I think that I'll take a chance on it.

It looks really nice! It sort of reminds me of Gite Makila which I enjoyed. . . the private rooms are wonderful and a bargain compared to a lot of offerings for private rooms. Gite Bidean looks to be another great offering.

I don't recall having seen it before on Booking.com, so it may be fairly new.

It looks really nice! It sort of reminds me of Gite Makila which I enjoyed. . . the private rooms are wonderful and a bargain compared to a lot of offerings for private rooms. Gite Bidean looks to be another great offering.

I don't recall having seen it before on Booking.com, so it may be fairly new.
I tried to book Gite Makila, but it was full. In fact I was checking Booking.com to see if perhaps a vacancy there had come up. On the listing for Gite Bidean it says that it has only been on Booking.com since February 7th.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I tried to book Gite Makila, but it was full. In fact I was checking Booking.com to see if perhaps a vacancy there had come up. On the listing for Gite Bidean it says that it has only been on Booking.com since February 7th.

The same thing happened with Makila when I tried booking last year. After several months of checking accommodations in SJPdP for the 3rd week of September, I finally was getting ready to book an alternative to Makila, as they had been showing no availability of a private room for my chosen date. I checked one last time, and lo and behold, a room was listed available. I quickly reserved it.

If Gite Bidean had been available, I might have booked it. :)

Hi, Bidean is a new albergue in SJPP . This year opens for 1rst time. We'll meet the owner next monday for informations about this albergue.

I just checked the ratings on booking.com, and it now has a rating of 9.4 - "wonderful". The only negative comment was someone who wanted sheets for the bunks. Must be a new pilgrim. 😉

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Do they take delivery of bikes for the Camino ?

Gilmour,
Welcome to the Forum which offers a wealth of camino info.

However do note that the earlier posts on this thread are from 2019.
Here is a current reference

You might contact the gite and ask about bike delivery.

Happy planning and Buen camino!

Last edited:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I have booked to stay here for one night in May (21st). Looks to be well situated.

Back