• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Gite Bidean - new accommodation in SJPdP?

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
Although I already made a booking in St Jean, I thought that I'd check Booking.com again for my dates. They have added Gite Bidean to their site. It's at 11 rue d'Espagne, not far from the Pilgrim's Office. It's a better price for a private room than the other place that I booked at, so I changed my booking. I'm just wondering if this is a brand new place, or perhaps it had a different name in the past. Here's the listing on Booking https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/gite-bidean-saint-jean-pied-de-port.html There's no reviews yet, but I think that I'll take a chance on it.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Although I already made a booking in St Jean, I thought that I'd check Booking.com again for my dates. They have added Gite Bidean to their site. It's at 11 rue d'Espagne, not far from the Pilgrim's Office. It's a better price for a private room than the other place that I booked at, so I changed my booking. I'm just wondering if this is a brand new place, or perhaps it had a different name in the past. Here's the listing on Booking https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/gite-bidean-saint-jean-pied-de-port.html There's no reviews yet, but I think that I'll take a chance on it.

It looks really nice! It sort of reminds me of Gite Makila which I enjoyed. . . the private rooms are wonderful and a bargain compared to a lot of offerings for private rooms. Gite Bidean looks to be another great offering.

I don't recall having seen it before on Booking.com, so it may be fairly new.

It looks really nice! It sort of reminds me of Gite Makila which I enjoyed. . . the private rooms are wonderful and a bargain compared to a lot of offerings for private rooms. Gite Bidean looks to be another great offering.

I don't recall having seen it before on Booking.com, so it may be fairly new.
I tried to book Gite Makila, but it was full. In fact I was checking Booking.com to see if perhaps a vacancy there had come up. On the listing for Gite Bidean it says that it has only been on Booking.com since February 7th.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I tried to book Gite Makila, but it was full. In fact I was checking Booking.com to see if perhaps a vacancy there had come up. On the listing for Gite Bidean it says that it has only been on Booking.com since February 7th.

The same thing happened with Makila when I tried booking last year. After several months of checking accommodations in SJPdP for the 3rd week of September, I finally was getting ready to book an alternative to Makila, as they had been showing no availability of a private room for my chosen date. I checked one last time, and lo and behold, a room was listed available. I quickly reserved it.

If Gite Bidean had been available, I might have booked it. :)

Hi, Bidean is a new albergue in SJPP . This year opens for 1rst time. We'll meet the owner next monday for informations about this albergue.

I just checked the ratings on booking.com, and it now has a rating of 9.4 - "wonderful". The only negative comment was someone who wanted sheets for the bunks. Must be a new pilgrim. 😉

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Do they take delivery of bikes for the Camino ?

Gilmour,
Welcome to the Forum which offers a wealth of camino info.

However do note that the earlier posts on this thread are from 2019.
Here is a current reference

You might contact the gite and ask about bike delivery.

Happy planning and Buen camino!

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I have booked to stay here for one night in May (21st). Looks to be well situated.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back