• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Giving away my guidebook on the Israel National Trail

BobM

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
V Frances; V Podensis; V Francigena; V Portugues; V Francigena del Sud; Jakobsweg. Jaffa - Jerusalem
Having finished my walk in Israel, I have longer any need for my guidebook on the Israel National Trail (INT).

I will give it to anyone who will pay for postage. But I have taken the guidebook apart and also highlighted certain sections for my own use, so the book has been mutilated.

The first pic shows the cover so you can see the details of author etc. Note that it is the 2011 edition, so it is quite old. This pic shows the 26 pages that still remain spiral bound. The book has a total of 228 pages, so I have cut out 202 pages and trimmed off the holes for the spiral binding. (see loose pile in another pic).

The other pics give you an idea of the content.

The guide is 23cm x 17cm x 1cm and weighs 350gm. It will fit in a large envelope. That is useful if you want to estimate postage.

The maps are still useful, but no doubt a lot of the details of navigation, accommodation etc have changed. The INT Forum often has updates to the guide and accommodation (Trail Angels).

The book might be useful to have a look at before you lash out and buy the latest edition. It’s not cheap.

Anyway, if anyone wants the book, you are more than welcome to have it. Just post here with your Postcode or city so I can calculate postage and let you know. If it is too much, no problems if you say no. If overseas you would need to send the postage cost to my PayPal account. I will give local buyers my account for direct credit if you don’t want to use PayPal.

Bob M

Attachments

• Guide_1.jpg
    Guide_1.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Guide_2.jpg
    Guide_2.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Guide_3.jpg
    Guide_3.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 16
  • Guide_4.jpg
    Guide_4.jpg
    583.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Guide_5.jpg
    Guide_5.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 12
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
0604 New Zealand (holding my breath)

Hi Rachael
Do you want the guide book? If so, let's continue on email at bob.m.melb@gmail.com. Please send me your city so I can advise you the mailing cost.
Best wishes
Bob M

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
No response, so I will offer the book to another person.
BobM

The postage cost to Europe ($A31.8) was too high for the other interested person. You can buy the latest edition new for $US64 on Amazon, and used copies from $US40.92. See this website:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/9654204665/?tag=casaivar02-20

Anyway, the guidebook is available again if any one is interested.

The package is 23cm x 17cm x 2cm and weighs 350 grams if you want to check postage for yourself at: https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/ My postcode is 3207.

Bob M

The postage cost to Europe ($A31.8) was too high for the other interested person. You can buy the latest edition new for $US64 on Amazon, and used copies from $US40.92. See this website:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/9654204665/?tag=casaivar02-20

Anyway, the guidebook is available again if any one is interested.

The package is 23cm x 17cm x 2cm and weighs 350 grams if you want to check postage for yourself at: https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/ My postcode is 3207.

Bob M
For any Aussies who may be interested in taking up Bob's very kind offer, the dimensions & weight qualify as a 'large letter' & so would cost $5.50 to post anywhere in Australia.
I'm heading to Israel in May but won't be walking the INT (will do a reccy though) or else I would leap on the chance to secure this otherwise very expensive book...even in it's 'pre-loved' state! 😁
👣 🌏

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hopefully the book will find a good home. Pity to just toss it out in one of my (rare) de-junking frenzies.

There are lots of nice walks in Israel eg around the Sea of Galilee. I did a bus tour on another trip and stayed at kibbutz at Ein Gev which had views to the Sea from the garden near my 'apartment'. They are wonderful places to stay, especially if you dine in the communal cafeteria and blend in a little.

Bob M

Hopefully the book will find a good home. Pity to just toss it out in one of my (rare) de-junking frenzies.

There are lots of nice walks in Israel eg around the Sea of Galilee. I did a bus tour on another trip and stayed at kibbutz at Ein Gev which had views to the Sea from the garden near my 'apartment'. They are wonderful places to stay, especially if you dine in the communal cafeteria and blend in a little.

Bob M
As I was the fortunate recipient of your VF maps last year, I don't want to push in front of anyone who may be undertaking the INT...or at least thinking about it. However if no-one else is interested after what you consider a reasonable length of time (say a week or 2?) & you would still rather 'off load' than ditch, I would be very happy to have them. My upcoming trip (May & June) will include day walks from different bases around Israel so I'm sure I would find your guide (& markings/notes!) useful.
No rush & no obligation...just let me know. The Forum has it's heaviest traffic on weekends so I'm sure others will find your thread. I have no problems being Plan B, C or D! 😊
👣 🌏

Last edited:
. . . . However if no-one else is interested after what you consider a reasonable length of time (say a week or 2?) & you would still rather 'off load' than ditch, I would be very happy to have them. . . .

I will wait until next Sunday, 1 March. If no one else is interested by then, the book is yours.:)

BTW, here are a few pics of my accommodation at Ein Gev. See the Sea of Galilee!

Bob M

Attachments

• Ein-Gev_1.jpg
    Ein-Gev_1.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Ein-Gev_2.jpg
    Ein-Gev_2.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Ein-Gev_3.jpg
    Ein-Gev_3.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 3
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Sorry I missed your reply - will email you now. I’m in Auckland, NZ so it shouldn’t be too pricey!

Bob M
As an aside, are you familiar with what I think is called the Abraham Trail?

I will wait until next Sunday, 1 March. If no one else is interested by then, the book is yours.:)

BTW, here are a few pics of my accommodation at Ein Gev. See the Sea of Galilee!

Bob M
No worries...I see @Kiwi-family are still interested so you may have a taker there.
Great pics; my type of accommodation (self cont)...& can't beat that view. 🤗
👣 🌏

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
. . . Great pics; my type of accommodation (self cont)...& can't beat that view. 🤗
👣 🌏

Mine too. Very tranquil. I had the same at Neve Shalom and Kibbutz Tzuba. Definitely the places to stay in Israel if possible. My 'apartment' had another bedroom (pic). BBQ facilities near the beach. View across to Tiberias (pic) - bad weather, suitable for walking on water

Bob M

Attachments

• Ein-Gev_4.jpg
    Ein-Gev_4.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Ein-Gev_5.jpg
    Ein-Gev_5.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 4
My guidebook has found a home in NZ. Thanks, Rachael.

Bob M

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

For those who will walk something different , https://www.jejuolle.org/trail_en#/...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.