• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Glass half empty or half full?

jackberry

Time of past OR future Camino
I'm planning to walk the camino in June!
Hi, I'm landing in Santiago on 14/6 then heading for O'Cebreiro to start my walk on 15/6. I thought I was anxious and scared, but I think it's pure respect I'm feeling for the camino with just one week to go! Over the last few weeks I feel God has been testing me..... whilst training I've had two black toes, blisters, rain, hailstones and the wind not upon my back, BUT against me, bad hay fever, as well as my husband awaiting hospital results regarding his cancer he had in 2009. If that's not enough my Brother who is terminally ill had bad results this week... So yesterday I looked up to the sky and said to the Boss " it's going to take more then this to stop me from going on the Camino." So here I come. :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There's nothing to say to all that except...¡Ultreia!

Damian
Sleeping-over in Castrojeriz

Re: Glass half empty or half full?

As unfortunate, indeed perhaps dire as those things are, they actually sound like a very loud call to the Camino. Going on Camino may not change the circumstances of the health situation of your husband or brother (then again it just might, as I happen to believe that Camino prayers do get answered), but may help you in dealing with everything. In turn you may be better able to help them cope.

A very sincere Buen Camino to you!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

I agree with marks -

Walking the Camino can only but help, but right at this moment you probably don't know how.

But it will.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Sounds like you are one of God's soldiers and I'm sure He is expecting you to march on. Keep the Faith.

God Bless and a very Buen Camino,
Angela

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Jackberry, so you are there now, reading this, and take your first step tomorrow - Ultreiya!

There is never a good time to do the Camino, our 'real' life resists the journey - I am so glad that you are carrying on ... where you are geographically cannot change your husband's results, nor the condition of your brother - where you are spiritually possibly can.

Buen Camino Jackberry, walk with a deep heart connection .. all is well.

Good stuff Jackberry. You will get so much from your Camino. And starting from O Cebrerio will be inspirational too.

Buen Camino :D

You are in the right place at the right time. My prayers are with you, Pilgrim!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back