• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Glorious food on the different Caminos

SabsP

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
Being faithful to my avatar...:)

La Boteria in Pamplona...delicious pintxos and vino.

The Calle Laurel in Logroño : heaven for pintxos/ tapas lovers. For instance : Sepia / Zapatilla / Patatas Bravas.

Some pasta in the kitchen of Azofra : somple pasta with onion / can of tuna / passata and some cheese....the food of the gods...;)

Pastry somewhere in Burgos

Some croquetas : Burgos

Huevo de codorniz/ chorizo and pepper.

The café con leche moment with a lovely pastry...

Wineboard somewhere in Leon.

Attachments

• IMG_1186.JPG
    IMG_1186.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1266.JPG
    IMG_1266.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1267.JPG
    IMG_1267.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1270.JPG
    IMG_1270.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1291.JPG
    IMG_1291.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1334.JPG
    IMG_1334.JPG
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1345.JPG
    IMG_1345.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1348.JPG
    IMG_1348.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1377.JPG
    IMG_1377.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1478.JPG
    IMG_1478.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I had my favourite meal in Ferrol in the restaurant Camiño do Inglés before I started the morning after.
It was lovely.

A small starter before the starter, Lentejas
805e461c1a5111e3bcf322000aaa033b_7.jpg

Starter, marinated tuna on a vegetable parfait
1a2f0f381a5211e3945c22000ae90026_7.jpg

Main course, roast beef, potato purée and yellow wax beans
4265e7881a5711e390fe22000ae810de_7.jpg

Dessert, home made raspberry icecream with apple gel and a cup of tea.
a68479641a5711e38df322000a1f9367_7.jpg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Oooh promising...Even more looking forward now to the Ingles in april 2014!
The dinner cost me €30 without any alcohol but it was so worth it and the owner is so welcoming and friendly. They have different menus every day. Depending on what they have found on the market.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
No worries...I prefer eating well and good than pay for mediocre food. And even then : Michelin and Gault -Millau rated spanish restos are still much much cheaper than the Belgian ones.

No worries...I prefer eating well and good than pay for mediocre food. And even then : Michelin and Gault -Millau rated spanish restos are still much much cheaper than the Belgian ones.
Great! I agree with you. Here in Sweden the main course it self would have cost that. So in comparison to home it was not expensive. I had a really good dinner at don Quijote in Santiago as well.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Salivating at these photos. Love the look of that pulpo. Imagining it with pimientos de Padron and a lovely chilled glass of albarino on a warm Spanish evening for as I write rain is battering the windows and the wind howls. I wonder if the pilgrims office issues a compostella to peregrinos doing the Camino for gastronomic reasons?....

Great topic and photos!!

My two FAVORITE breakfasts on the Camino -
Very fresh bread, lots of butter and jam, and a LARGE glass of cafe con leche - in Cizur Menor
IMG_0310.JPG
Bacon & eggs in Azofra
IMG_0540.JPG

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
They are very tempting photos. Have spent some time in Northern Spain and there are some lovely foods to try out.
It is one of the great things of trying and tasting different foods. I also love those cafes con leche, beautiful at any time during the day, especially in the afternoon in a plaza watching the world go by.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.