• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Go Your Own Way - Free Download

JohnLloyd

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés (2018), Português (2019), Inglés (2022)
As I'm basking in the warm glow of another viewing of "The Way" last night - the cinematic equivalent of a long hug from an old friend - I'm making my Camino book a free download from Amazon's Kindle site for a couple of days.

If you'd like a literal wallow in a first-timer's Frances, feel free!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hoping to download it but not accessible from Canada.
Thanks anyway.

John, as Wayfarer said, very generous. One of the advantages of growing older is that forgetting is such a blessing. When I tried to download it I got the message that I had purchased it some time ago! As I am on a cull of extraneous material on my laptop, I will find it...

Many thanks - have downloaded and will enjoy - have also made donation to support homeless and vulnerable people where I live in your name.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
John, as Wayfarer said, very generous. One of the advantages of growing older is that forgetting is such a blessing. When I tried to download it I got the message that I had purchased it some time ago! As I am on a cull of extraneous material on my laptop, I will find it...
Ha ha - I know what you mean about tidying up!

Many thanks - have downloaded and will enjoy - have also made donation to support homeless and vulnerable people where I live in your name.
That's wonderful. Thanks!

When I published the book, I made donations to the albergues I had stayed in which had been listed by Ivar here. The royalties are tiny, but every little helps!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
That's wonderful. Thanks!

When I published the book, I made donations to the albergues I had stayed in which had been listed by Ivar here. The royalties are tiny, but every little helps!
Managed to find it on amazon.ca
Thanks very much.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks John from Adelaide, Sth Australia.
Looking fwd to the read. 📖😎

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Crikey.

Kindle tells me that 495 people have taken advantage of the free download of my Camino book over the last three days, so if you're one of them, I hope you enjoy reading it.

It's an easy read and there are lots of photos!

If you do enjoy it, please leave me a review on Amazon. That'll help other people find it too.

Buen Camino!

I don't have kindle unlimited (where its free), I only have the basic kindle. It cost me £2.99 but looks fun to read. Thank you for pointing us in this direction,

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Crikey.

Kindle tells me that 495 people have taken advantage of the free download of my Camino book over the last three days, so if you're one of them, I hope you enjoy reading it.

It's an easy read and there are lots of photos!

If you do enjoy it, please leave me a review on Amazon. That'll help other people find it too.

Buen Camino!
Thank you, John:
Downloaded and reading it. So far it’s being a very welcome reading. Your travel log is very interesting and the anecdotes too.
Iván

Thank you John
I downloaded it and read it this afternoon, a hot, humid, lazy Sunday in NZ.
As you entered Santiago it started to rain here. And now the sun has come out again.
I really enjoyed it.
John

Thank you John
I downloaded it and read it this afternoon, a hot, humid, lazy Sunday in NZ.
As you entered Santiago it started to rain here. And now the sun has come out again.
I really enjoyed it.
John
That’s lovely to hear. Thanks!

Perhaps you might leave a review on Amazon?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have finished it now. I enjoyed traveling with you for the first 160kms of my first leg, and even more so, travelling with you on the remaining (unwalked by me) sections to whet my appetite for the main course (when ever that arrives!)
I hope that it gave you just enough of an idea of what remains of the Way, without revealing too much!

Perhaps the albergue reviews will help you choose where to stay too!

Most read last week in this forum

Mary Colwell’s new book The Gathering Place: A Winter Pilgrimage Through Changing Times. Why did it make the 2024 shortlist of the best travel books? Several of the books on the shortlist are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.