• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

God's Cocaine the addiction of the Camino

• Thread starter Deleted member 59555
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 59555

Terry W submitted a new resource:

God's Cocaine the addiction of the Camino - To find Faith, peace, love of your self and all others.

This is my story of how the Camino changed my life. Gave me a new beginning.I walked it on my own 2017 then with a film Crewe in Camino Skies 2018 then with my eldest daughter 2019. Each walk had a different flavour. Look out for my edgy humour but it is thought-provoking as well I hope you enjoy it . Available on Amazon/kindle.
I hope you read the book and understand the title. God bless.

Read more about this resource...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Just read the prologue and felt pretty close to it.
Easy as enjoyable reading.
I’ve also found quite suggestives both, cover picture and book title.
Best wishes.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hola @Terry W;
Finally some one (any pilgrim!?) has had the courage to state what many of us sort of knew: the camino(s) is (are) an addictive drug. The one small advantage is that this one is not destructive to your body, just maybe your wallet to cover the cost of airfares; accommodation; new footware every 800 km.
For me the addiction began in 2006 when I read Tony Kevin's book about his walk from Granada to Santiago in June and July 2005 (so basically through the middle of the Spanish summer). The next addition of the administrative drug came from Alysa Piper's book across the same route "Sinning Across Spain".
Camino III begins in late May this year as my brother and I tackle the Porto.
Its a beautiful drug!!

PS: I will investigate the book and maybe buy it. But I have just acquired two of our dear Rebekah's stories so it may have to wait. Cheers

Read it and loved it. Terry is quite a character and would love to hear more from him. A definite addition to your Camino bookshelf

I loved it Terry
It filled in a few things I was wondering about the film, too. Great writing.
John

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

This book by Katherine Lack landed on my doormat last week. I ordered it having found her Frontstalag 142, The Internment Diary of an English Lady fascinating, not least because my grandmother and...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back