• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Going from London to SJPdP

Lirsy

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo, Norte, Francés, Volunteer Hospitalero.
Hi!!

Do you know which is the best way to go from London to Saint Jean Pied de Port?

In May I will start a new Camino with my son and he will be in London by those dates.

Thank you very much!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks a lot!! I will forwar this to my son!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Eurostar London to Paris then TGV to Bayonne, followed by the local train to SJPdP.

A wonderful relaxing days travel before the more strenuous activities of the Camino.We've done it twice now.

Consider staying overnight in Bayonne, is a wonderful old town

Thanks Tony!

I will also send this to my son.

Unfortunately, he can not spend much time on the trip. He has just the time to go from Saint Jean to Logroño.

A little the same for me, but I am a little luckier! I'll try to get to Sahagun and get the halfway certificate there (I still do not have that certificate ... it's not that I'm any anxious about the certificates, but ... ... it's always nice to get a new one !! :))

There are other airlines that go from London to Biarritz. Use “Skyscanner” - a website that will search for all the flight possibilities and prices from A to B. He might find this useful if his time is short and precious and he can’t spend too much of it on transport.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There are other airlines that go from London to Biarritz.
Ryanair is the only airline offering direct London-Biarritz flights in May. Departure times vary from day to day and some are too late for the last train to SJPdP. Choose carefully, and with one eye on the train timetable!

easyJet flies to Bordeaux twice a day from Gatwick, also from Luton and Southend, in May. Their Biarritz timetable doesn't start until June.

Fly to Bordeaux. Airport bus to Bordeaux St.Jean train station. TGV train to Bayonne, local train to St.Jean Pied de Port.
I agree, a night stop in Bayonne is well worth it.

Hi!!

Do you know which is the best way to go from London to Saint Jean Pied de Port?

In May I will start a new Camino with my son and he will be in London by those dates.

Thank you very much!!

Lirsy:

Flying Stansted to Biarritz then take shared ride to SJPdP.

Train to Paris transfer to Montparnasse station via Metra train, TGV to Bayonne then local train or bus to SJPdP.

Regards,
Joe

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Here comes an idea for your son for the way back to London:

There is an airport in Logrono and there are a few flight in may to Madrid, most of the time for 56,- €.

All the best for you

Michael

Thank you all for the advice !! I sent all the messages to my son. Let's see what he decides!:)

Here comes an idea for your son for the way back to London:

There is an airport in Logrono and there are a few flight in may to Madrid, most of the time for 56,- €.

All the best for you

Michael

I don't believe that there is an airport in Logro-o, the closest one that flies to London is Bilbao.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I don't believe that there is an airport in Logro-o, the closest one that flies to London is Bilbao.

You might not "believe" there is one, and yet it is true. As Michael says, one can fly to Madrid from there.

You might not "believe" there is one, and yet it is true. As Michael says, one can fly to Madrid from there.

My bad, I was thinking of an airport that flies to London, since that's where his son is travelling to. The quickest way from Logro-o to London is through Bilbao, that's what I meant.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back