Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Going into Puente de Domingo Flórez

peregrina2000

Staff member
I am starting a separate thread on this topic so as not to drive myself crazy. Here's where Charrito and I left off:

QUOTE="Charrito, post: 474861, member: 36793"]As you come into Puente de Domingo Flórez, for some strange reason the signs point you down to the river, which you skirt, before ending up at the Bar El Cruce.

Three quarters of the way down into the town turn right along Calle el Toral (Café Los Arcos on your right). This brings you out into the plaza where they hold the small Saturday market (great churrería there); if you keep walking you come out by the Bar el Cruce.[/QUOTE]

Based on Charrito's comments, and studying google maps, I'm now proposing this for the guide. But it may be wrong.

Coming into Puente de Domingo Flórez on Calle el Real, the camino takes you across the river, then along the river, and then back over the river and into town. This is an unnecessary loop, but it will take you to Bar El Cruce. To avoid that loop, as you are descending into town, turn right on Calle el Toral (you will see the road on the right, before you get to the bottom of the descent). Turning right on el Torral will bring you to Café Bar Los Arcos before the square. If you keep walking straight you'll come to Bar el Cruce and will be back on the Camino and on Calle Ourense. Turn left on Calle Chao do Marco, then left again at the end of that road and on to Calle Acceso Quereño. That takes you across the bridge and into Galicia.

I've attached a screenshot of the map I've been looking at.

I am going to start a separate thread for LEAVING Puente de Domingo Flórea, because I am none too sure about how to describe what happens after you cross the bridge into ¨Quereño.

Are we havbing fun yet? Thanks everyone, Laurie

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-01-16 11.20.46.png
    Screenshot 2017-01-16 11.20.46.png
    735.7 KB · Views: 11
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am starting a separate thread on this topic so as not to drive myself crazy. Here's where Charrito and I left off:

QUOTE="Charrito, post: 474861, member: 36793"]As you come into Puente de Domingo Flórez, for some strange reason the signs point you down to the river, which you skirt, before ending up at the Bar El Cruce.

Three quarters of the way down into the town turn right along Calle el Toral (Café Los Arcos on your right). This brings you out into the plaza where they hold the small Saturday market (great churrería there); if you keep walking you come out by the Bar el Cruce.

Based on Charrito's comments, and studying google maps, I'm now proposing this for the guide. But it may be wrong.

Coming into Puente de Domingo Flórez on Calle el Real, the camino takes you across the river, then along the river, and then back over the river and into town. This is an unnecessary loop, but it will take you to Bar El Cruce. To avoid that loop, as you are descending into town, turn right on Calle el Toral (you will see the road on the right, before you get to the bottom of the descent). Turning right on el Torral will bring you to Café Bar Los Arcos before the square. If you keep walking straight you'll come to Bar el Cruce and will be back on the Camino and on Calle Ourense. Turn left on Calle Chao do Marco, then left again at the end of that road and on to Calle Acceso Quereño. That takes you across the bridge and into Galicia.

I am going to start a separate thread for LEAVING Puente de Domingo Flórea, because I am none too sure about how to describe what happens after you cross the bridge into ¨Quereño.

Are we havbing fun yet? Thanks everyone, Laurie[/QUOTE]
If it helps: https://www.endomondo.com/users/16690154/workouts/375613494

Are we havbing fun yet? Thanks everyone, Laurie
If it helps: https://www.endomondo.com/users/16690154/workouts/375613494[/QUOTE]

Thanks, K1, your tracks show that you took the turn onto Torral rather than loop around the river. So I think the text looks good. I had forgotten you had GPS tracks, so I will be consulting them for some of the other issues. Gracias.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What you have is perfect! Spot on from K1, and just as I said yesterday, Laurie. Of course, KinkyOne went on and stopped at the Hostal, which is what I did the first time. Last year, I just stopped in Puente de Domingo Flórez for a coffee.

Wow now you got me confused. I follow the arrows. I will check this out tommorrow.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Wow now you got me confused. I follow the arrows. I will check this out tommorrow.
There's no need to be confused! All we were attempting to explain (those of us who have walked the Invierno previously and who know the area) was that sometimes, and for rather inexplicable reasons, the arrows take you much further than you need to walk.

There is a perfect case of this when you come down into the small town of Puente de Domingo Flórez: they send you on a ridiculously long detour around the town, while it is much easier to turn right along Calle el Toral, just as I wrote some months ago for Laurie:

Ok. That is a way. New? I followed the arrows. Took the new route that the town people want. Followed it past the old hydro plant. Took a turn right onto the gravel path into and up to Galicia. This avoids the dog and the temptation to cross the re track onto the original path. Many many options now. I find it confusing. But hey I can complicate a rock. Lol Thanks. BC
You're getting somewhat confused here, I'm afraid. This thread is about when you get INTO Puente de Domingo Flórez, not when you are leaving and crossing the bridge to Quereño and Galicia.

We were only trying to help, by saving people from a rather unnecessary detour around the town, and certainly not attempting to 'complicate' things. If, when you walk down into Puente de Domingo Flórez, you turn right and go along Calle el Toral you have a nice Café Bar, then another Bar/Churrería in the square (where they have a small market on Saturdays), and you get straight to Bar el Cruce. But, hey, if you prefer to walk an extra 600 or 700 metres, for no apparent reason, then go for it.

lg9XbBn5S207fqbalSWXW-7GPrnX7-94aCJgn7lxbBUmkLDNkNoBKXcaV8It_92P4pZHECQKtM9VeTo349la5RqjgHwz77J_p40GpN2V8TGIDAro9dUT9THLdegfZPp1LHekALPObwbtDbHVAWIKPKBV-TnG5EOawYNQPIAnBENsKXMCVhv56G4YYUGYIAc2D6FGoP3mx70M_wPTI6yiMDzrm0qSC1DeSwbLMqbDxHUcW90tBBZwGqfH0E1oFJU9Fa4zbzwkWeIqp0Uuetl0-osokiRkdqU4nyCDfKeNtMRONv3coO8ujeMXunN7Aw8exATFSX_Xyjfdopbu-sZbXexo3ivoHGzMSmDd44p6qOo8dj86e9F6TrqmdCvHO4ES8chnuB6Q92TYgRtkTkWEMv62B3edSA9se5IWiFTZtrKBOTc_5EZOppsNqILg_r_WdzhErQtyC63Pinqg2qxEeV7yjZUWeZGi_G6d8lCwk9dCIVAvjmCdDGi7F2ZrgjVu1TfmY3k3J4k2bW55EPNVmeNQcdHbsqBCwCuklslYmyNWE-SkQMuMwNvvL4nnt6C4u4W4bX5kq3tvOZLed65bElpvqr4J1Pa9Yb6H3jWMpFa-ylfnsZtr=w1227-h920-no

Sign outside the village

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks to everyone who is trying to help out here. I was talking to jerbear yesterday when we ran into each other in front of the cathedral and he says that the Xunta seems to be adding alternatives at a speedy pace. That may make things more rather than less confusing.

I think that the photo of the map is a great clarifier for this single issue of getting in, through, and out of Puente de Domingo Flórez. Bottom line is that many/most people coming into town will deviate from the camino for food, money, drinks, lodging, etc. It really doesn't matter which way you go, and the important thing is to figure out how to get back to the camino for the crossing of the river into Galicia. I think our text does that.

Thanks to everyone who is trying to help out here. I was talking to jerbear yesterday when we ran into each other in front of the cathedral and he says that the Xunta seems to be adding alternatives at a speedy pace. That may make things more rather than less confusing.

I think that the photo of the map is a great clarifier for this single issue of getting in, through, and out of Puente de Domingo Flórez. Bottom line is that many/most people coming into town will deviate from the camino for food, money, drinks, lodging, etc. It really doesn't matter which way you go, and the important thing is to figure out how to get back to the camino for the crossing of the river into Galicia. I think our text does that.
Perfectly expressed, as ever, Laurie.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Lol love is the way.

Most read last week in this forum

Day 1: Ponferrada to Villavieja As usual, life has a habit of changing plans so we found ourselves on the Invierno a month later than expected. Regardless though, we are happy to finally get...
If I leave Ponferrada early enough to arrive in Villavieja and spend some time at the castle Cornatel, can I leave the next day, spend some meaningful time beholding las Medulas and Orellan, and...
Hi all - a question for all you Invierno experts: We are starting the Invierno (finally!) tomorrow, but there’s a slight issue with our plan. My partner needs to be present for a work Zoom...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.