• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Going Solo & Looking for a Group

Rosa Diaz

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning on walking Camino for the first time Sept. 2018
Hello All! I will be arriving in Madrid on August 21 & taking a bus to Leon where I will start my Camino the next morning. Anyone else out there starting in Leon on that day? I am going solo but would love to start with a group...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Rosa, I believe you will find the right group without looking!
Wishing you a great journey
Buen Camino
Aidan

Hello All! I will be arriving in Madrid on August 21 & taking a bus to Leon where I will start my Camino the next morning. Anyone else out there starting in Leon on that day? I am going solo but would love to start with a group...

Hi Rosa
So exciting and almost time for departure!
If you decide to spend the night in LĂ©on in an albergue, you ll meet plenty of others either just starting there also or possibly half way.
Albergue del Monasterio de las Benedictinas is friendly and you can get a credencial there too. Chat to others and join them for dinner.
The volunteers prepare a breakfast here and this is another opportunity to ask other pilgrims if you can join them on your first steps.
You’ll have no problem joining others. Camaraderie is alive on the way.
Buen Camino
Annie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Rosa,

Like the previous replies: don't worry. There'll be plenty of people on the Camino you can join.
In Holland we have this saying: walking the Camino was like a warm bath: comforting and soothing.
And it felt like this with the people I met on the way. I walked the Camino solo and was never short of nice company when I felt like it.

I'm sure you'll be fine too.
Enjoy your Camino.

André

Thanks for your kind response. I have heard this numerous times before but I guess since the time is getting close, I'm getting some anxiety - I suppose this is normal too.

My advice to you is try walking alone. Be your own group. If a you fear not having support, every pilgrim is a friend to lean on. If you fear getting lost the CF is like rush hour in Manhattan. Open yourself up to the opportunities of that the Camino will give you for self reflection, and hopefully no reflection so your mind becomes a blank slate and then the crap flows out and the good stuff has room to flow in. Rediscover yourself and remind yourself the least lonely times of your life and only happen when you are alone. Finally walking alone can afford you an opportunity to make countless friends and connections and even more importantly allow you to connect to the rhythm of your heart, mind and body. It can’t be easy to find that rhythm when you have to incorporate other rhythms with your own. I am sure many will disagree with me and that is great. We all walk our own way. My Camino has to be about me only. I can’t truly be a loving, selfish and generous person until I am totally selfish on the Camino and follow my own path, give friendship and caring to all and accept what the Camino gives me, good or bad, and be thankful to all Pilgrims and the spirit and power of The Way.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks for your kind response. I have heard this numerous times before but I guess since the time is getting close, I'm getting some anxiety - I suppose this is normal too.

Of course Rosa, some anxiety is normal. Once you arrive in Leon and feel the spirit of the Camino all fears will fall away!
I'm excited for you.

Good luck

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Hi, First Camino ….and in fact first time on a forum chat! I am going to do a (leisurely!) trail from Porto to Santiago mixing Litoral/Coastal, Central and Spiritual over three weeks ( including 2...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hi! I'm planning my first Camino in June-July 2025. I'm a married father of 3 looking forward to my first solo hiking trip in 25 years. (Maybe when the kids are older, we'll do the Camino as a...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...
Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.