A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

going strong

Reporting from Ponferada. All is well on the Camino. Jess and I walked into the town today and things are good for us and a lively camino community. We wave to others accross the square, we sit and drink, vino tinto and laugh at the challenge we have faced. we see those left behind earlier.

the alberge is good, if a bit full. the food is great, and I challenge anyone to find the internet cafe I found in Ponferada! it is good but at least 15 minutes away from the albergue, but also close to signs for the camino....

Hope you are all well, we should be in Santiago in about 9 days.

live from the camino.

Michael

Advertisment

lckgj

Hello Michael and Jess!

Always great to hear how life is live from the camino, especially for those of us setting off in a few days time.

I have been hearing scary stories about how overcrowded the albergues are and how muddy the paths are in places. Reading your happy message is a timely reminder that we shouldn't get too hung up on worrying about things in advance -we should take things as they come and remember to enjoy the experience.

Enjoy the rest of your camino and very well done for making it so far.

Buen camino

Laura

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%