Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Golf

A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
D

Deleted member 3000

There is a golf course a bit before Santo Domingo. It is famous for the empty condominiums and townhouses that were built next to it. They built them, but no one came. Virtually everyone of them has had a For Sale sign that has faded in seven years of sunshine!

I don't know about equipment. Most golf courses have a set or two available for rent. Don't expect a matched set of Ping clubs.

M

MendiWalker

Don´t know about golf but could you imagine if people began to play Irish Road Bowling on the Camino?? :rolleyes:

Buen Camino!

madrid12

On the Camino Ingles just after Pontedueme the camino goes right through a golf course and each time I have walked this route people have been playing. But I do not know the name of the course and whether they supply equipment. So its somewhere between Pontedueme and Mino and not far off the main road.
Liz

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

reg2450

Past OR future Camino
March 2013
hahahaha! This is the funniest post yet... I'm sure it's a genuine question, but I giggled when I read it. It's something my husband would have asked. Have fun!

jpflavin1

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
http://www.golfrioja.com/principal.htm in Ciruena is after Logrono, looks like a nice course but the luxury housing around it is a ghost town.
It has been that way since my first Camino in 2010. I believe it was one of those Communities built right before the economy going bust in 2008 and never caught on. It is a little eerie walking through this town. There always seem to be golfers but not crowded. You walk right past the club house but I have never gone in. There are a couple of private Albergues here.

When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Seriously, is there bad golf?
For those of us who don't play.
I drew my brother in law's name for a Christmas gift exchange a few yeas ago. He asked for golfing gloves. When I shopped for them, I was surprised it was only "one" glove...that's how much I knew. 😅

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears

Introibo

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances ( March 2015 )
Camino Portugues ( September 2015 )
A 5 iron and a putter are all you need.
Now to figure out who makes the lightest golf clubs

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
It has been that way since my first Camino in 2010. I believe it was one of those Communities built right before the economy going bust in 2008 and never caught on. It is a little eerie walking through this town. There always seem to be golfers but not crowded. You walk right past the club house but I have never gone in. There are a couple of private Albergues here.
Don't walk past - do go right in. Clean, luxurious toilets, cold drinks at the bar. They serve bocadillos and will wrap them in foil to take away plus they have a sello and are polite and accommodating to Pilgrims.

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
Past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
Don't walk past - do go right in. Clean, luxurious toilets, cold drinks at the bar. They serve bocadillos and will wrap them in foil to take away plus they have a sello and are polite and accommodating to Pilgrims.

So true! And they did not blink an eye when they saw me entering with my dusty clothes!

Learn Spanish for the Camino
Enhance your Camino experience by learning about the Spanish language and culture.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Camino Chrissy

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
But, a right handed golfer wears the glove on the left hand and a left handed golfer the right.
Well, I had the help of a salesperson who directed me to the correct glove that a right handed golfer would wear...apparently for the left hand as you say. 😃

Past OR future Camino
CF : stages 2008, 2017, 2018 ; completed.
A 5 iron and a putter are all you need.
Now to figure out who makes the lightest golf clubs

What you really need is this (unless you have the talent of the late, great Seve Ballesteros) :

You are then carrying just ONE club...and the shaft telescopes down to 17" so it will fit into your backpack. The weight is not declared but it is "lighter than a wedge".

Will you carry golf balls as well or buy them as needed?

Well, if it lifts our spirits in these tragic times...

Camino Chrissy

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
🤣
Most humor on the forum and especially now has often lifted my spirits and made me smile.
Thanks for adding your pun regarding the carrying of golf balls...love it! (At least I hope it was one.)

jpflavin1

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
What you really need is this (unless you have the talent of the late, great Seve Ballesteros) :

You are then carrying just ONE club...and the shaft telescopes down to 17" so it will fit into your backpack. The weight is not declared but it is "lighter than a wedge".

First time I have ever seen this club. I play in a three club tournament every year. This might be ideal if it works and was reasonably priced.

Anyone have any experience with this contraption?

Bad Boy

Past OR future Camino
Seriously, is there bad golf?
Hi An excellent course right on The Way 25 ks after Logrono as mentioned earlier. 60 euro green fees ,cart and club hire. Not great clubs but full set. Get the cart as it is hilly and a walk is the last thing you need. About 10ks to the next town.

A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Past OR future Camino
2014, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Various routes...
The Via de Bayona goes along one side of a golf course just a bit before the edge of Burgos, 14km from the cathedral, Google tells me. A very nice walk. And green fees for visitors are not sky-high. If you were spending a day in Burgos, you could take a taxi out and walk back.

Screenshot_20210727-125758_Maps.jpg

Last edited:

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances