Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Good Android apps (or guide books) for the Primitivo?

Teresita16

Time of past OR future Camino
León-Santiago (2015)
Oviedo-Santiago (2016)
Gijón-Vilalba (2018)
Irún-Santander (2019)
Hi all!

I've just decided to do the Primitivo this year, in July. I've started looking for guides and apps but can't seem to find much for the Primitivo. I've downloaded the pdf that some wonderful person has put together and shared on this forum, and to be honest so far it seems by far the best one I've seen for the Primitivo. However, I've been looking at apps too, does anyone have any suggestions? Apps would need to be Android as I don't have an iPhone, but not bothered if they are in English or Spanish.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Look for Wise Pilgrim in the Play Store.

And gronze.com is just a browser away.

Hi koilife.

I saw the Wise Pilgrim one, is it worth the price?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ok, thanks. It's just the only review on the Play Store was negative about it but I'll give it a go and see.

I've just looked at gronze.com and it's great and very mobile friendly!!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I just finished the Primitivo (after starting in Irun) and was unable to download Liz Brandt's guide to my smartphone. I printed out the guide at home, put the package in my backpack and put the page for the next day in my front pocket so I could stop a hundred times to consult how much higher I needed to go (I was happy for every excuse to stop). I love her guide. It was all I needed (together with the advice from local people, solicited an unsolicited). It was a relief after the very wordy guide I used for the Norte.

Yes, the Brandt's pdf does look like the best option. Not too sure if I have downloaded the most up to date version.

Printing it out as Seeker43 has suggested and taking out the relevant pages for each day and putting them somewhere easy to reach while walking sounds like a good idea. It will keep the weight down too as each page can be thrown away when it's no longer needed. I suspect it would weigh a lot less than a complete guide book.

As it's been already said, Liz Brandt's guide is a really good option. However, if you want an app besides "Wise Pilgrim", which is NOT available for Android, you have the Spanish one "Buen Camino de Santiago Pro", from the author of the same Spanish book guide: it comes with one of the minor caminos installed for free, and then you pay extra for every other camino guide you want to download.

Besides, and independentely of wether you buy/install the app or not, you can become a member of the guide's author's whatsapp group, where he sends out information in real time, useful for pilgrims while they're on the Camino.

Buen Camino!,

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks Juanma for the info about the Buen Camino de Santiago Pro app. The whatsapp group sounds like it could be helpful. I'll take a look :)

I just finished the Primitivo (after starting in Irun) and was unable to download Liz Brandt's guide to my smartphone. I printed out the guide at home, put the package in my backpack and put the page for the next day in my front pocket so I could stop a hundred times to consult how much higher I needed to go (I was happy for every excuse to stop). I love her guide. It was all I needed (together with the advice from local people, solicited an unsolicited). It was a relief after the very wordy guide I used for the Norte.

I did exactly the same. Worked perfectly!

Yes, the Brandt's pdf does look like the best option. Not too sure if I have downloaded the most up to date version.

Printing it out as Seeker43 has suggested and taking out the relevant pages for each day and putting them somewhere easy to reach while walking sounds like a good idea. It will keep the weight down too as each page can be thrown away when it's no longer needed. I suspect it would weigh a lot less than a complete guide book.
Liz prepared this for 2015. I walked the norte in 2014 and had to do this myself for the entire route. It is excellent for the Norte, she combined relevant material from various sources... If you had downloaded it from the resource section, it should be the latest.

I used the full guidebook also and torn relevant pages off the book for each stage.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back