• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Good Carrion-Sahagun Breakpoint?

Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 1977 by train. Many since then by foot. Next one ASAP.
I have a few weeks opening up next September and plan to spend them walking the Meseta again....

I've decided that Carrion to Sahagun in one stage might be too much for my old bones this time.... If I wanted to break that stage into two (and gain thereby boodles of leisure time the next day in facinating Sahagun), where should I stop and spend the night? I know folks who've stopped in Calzadilla de la Cueza, Terradillos de los Templarios, even Moratinos....

Your opinions solicited.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Another vote for LaMorena. Nice accommodations, very good food (garbonzo stew, grilled trout, fresh strawberries in chocolate sauce), and the staff was so friendly and helpful. I walked around the village that afternoon and my big regret was not knowing more Spanish. A couple of elderly farmers clearly wanted to get in a long conversation with me. Thank goodness for Google translate and universal smiles and hand gestures. A true Camino day. Go for it.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I stayed in Ledigos last year but I didn’t think much of it. It seemed to me like one of those villages with no young people that is barely being kept afloat by the camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We had a lovely lunch at Los Templarios in Terradillos de Los Templarios but then carried on to Moratinos where we had a reservation at Albergue Moratinos. That was a very clean and comfortable place with a menu although we chose to eat at the local bar which was excellent. Buen Camino @rappahannock_rev!

I would encourage pressing on to Moratinos and staying with Paddy and Reb at Peaceable Kingdom. I have eaten at la Morena during one of the Pig Digs and it has a wonderful kitchen. Please don't miss staying at the Benedictine Monastery in Sahagun, it is a must stay.

I would encourage pressing on to Moratinos and staying with Paddy and Reb at Peaceable Kingdom. I have eaten at la Morena during one of the Pig Digs and it has a wonderful kitchen. Please don't miss staying at the Benedictine Monastery in Sahagun, it is a must stay.
If you plan to stay at the Benedictine Monastery in Sahagun, plan to get there early. Because of its reputation, it fills up early, especially during the busy season. And even if you don't stay at Rebekkah and Paddy at the Peaceable Kingdom, at least stop by and take a break and meet a wonderful Camino pair--they're only an hour or so short of Sahagun.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
If you plan to stay at the Benedictine Monastery in Sahagun, plan to get there early. Because of its reputation, it fills up early, especially during the busy season. And even if you don't stay at Rebekkah and Paddy at the Peaceable Kingdom, at least stop by and take a break and meet a wonderful Camino pair--they're only an hour or so short of Sahagun.

It would be a privilege to visit the Peaceable Kingdom.

If you stay at Peaceable Kingdom, the walk to Sahagun is about 2 hours.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Minutes while walking on the Camino don't make a lot difference to me. I know on the first hill west of Moratinos you can see Sahagun and it is one of those perspectives we all get after walking all day the town in the distance is an hour away and then it takes a few minutes more to arrive.

@rappahannock_rev , it might be a stretch from Carrion but ...

Based on my stop there in October 2017 consider resting at San Nicolas del Real Camino. The albergue, close to the church, is nicely appointed, good rooms and even better dinner. But about 32 km!!

And Sahagun is a nice stroll the next day. Just 7 km.

Kia kaha (take care, be strong, get going)

I have a few weeks opening up next September and plan to spend them walking the Meseta again....

I've decided that Carrion to Sahagun in one stage might be too much for my old bones this time.... If I wanted to break that stage into two (and gain thereby boodles of leisure time the next day in facinating Sahagun), where should I stop and spend the night? I know folks who've stopped in Calzadilla de la Cueza, Terradillos de los Templarios, even Moratinos....

Your opinions solicited.

Rappahannock:

I guess it really depends how far you want to walk. This is some of the flattest parts of the Camino.

Carrion to Calzadilla - 17km's
Carrion to Ledigos - 23km's
Carrion to Terradillos - 26km's
Carrion to Morantinos - 29km's
Carrion to San Nichols - 32km's
Carrion to Sahagun - 39km's

Each of these stops along the way have good accommodations. It will just be dependent on weather and how far you want to walk.

Ultreya,
Joe

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Also stayed at La Morena in Ledigos, concur with everyone else's comments; we had a lovely stay after a day in snow and rain. Couldn't fault the wonderful fireplace and the food was delightful. Thoroughly recommend the http://www.alberguesensahagun.es/en/ of the Marist Fathers; one of the best experiences I had in my last visit.

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.