• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Good Fiction Reading about the Camino?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A murder mystery, set on the Camino Francés in the early 1900s and involving a group of pilgrims; 'Death of a Pilgrim' by by David Dickinson.
Picked up in our library and a good read. Available on Amazon
Tio Tel and Tia Valeria

Yes, like AlexWalker I suggest "The tarnished beauty", I decided to read it when he mentioned it the first time and it's a beautiful novel.
Josefine

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am very fond of Paulo Coelho, and his pilgrim book was the first of his that I read, but honestly... It is far out... He didn't even finish the camino; taking a bus from O'Cebreiro. His other books are better, IMHO. For a pilgrim wannabee, I don't think his book has much to offer, unless you want to do his "excercises" on the camino... :lol: I found it strange.

edit: Coelho has some historic remarks about the first part of the camino that can be interesting, and it will not hurt you to read it; so I'll moderate my critic. I am actually fond of Coelho (I have read all his books) but the "Pilgrimage" was a bit far off, in my terms. Still it inspired me to read the rest of his production, and I'm glad I did. Inspirational. So by all means, go ahead.

Apologies to the Coelho fans, but I couldn't stand this book. I gave it a real try, based on its reputation, but came way thinking that this is the "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" of the Camino.

(Perhaps that's too strong. If you liked this book, I'm very happy you found it. It just wasn't my cup of tea. My favorite Camino book so far is Father Kevin Codd's "To the Field of Stars.")

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Mark, we cross-posted... :wink:

Indeed, that was my very same experience, although I tried to express it politely here :lol:

All the best to you!

Hi Guys, I agree completely about the Paulo Coelho pilgrimage book! I only mentioned it here as I thought any camino reading list wouldn't be complete without it. The only one of his I really enjoyed was The Alchemist although there are hints of the camino in most of his books..

The Shirley Maclaine book has been recommended to me although I've never read it.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I've just thought - I read an excellent book on the camino last year, historical fiction about a Jew in the time when they were banished from Spain which covered various camino related places and mentioned the pilgrimage etc. Unfortunately I can't remember for the life of me what it was called. I picked it up in the main albergue in Los Arcos and I left it in another albergue somewhere along the route. Maybe someone has seen it? Anyway, walkers look out, it was very good! :)

Though it is more in the nonfiction category, I really loved "Pilgrim Snail: Busking to Santiago" by Ben Nimmo...

Elzi,

I am not sure, but I recently read a book by a Spanish writer, Ildefonso Falcones, called "La catedral de Mer". I don't know the English title: In Norway it is "Havets Katredral" (Cathedral of the Sea). It is about Barcelona and life there in the 12th century. Not sure if that's what you think about.

As a sidebar, it is pretty strange that after I finished the Camino, (6 months ago) I must have seen hints to the Camino in something like 10 books! I read books when I can, but this has been strange!

PS: I Googled the author and got this:

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rh=i:st ... nes&page=1

markvanoss said:
My favorite Camino book so far is Father Kevin Codd's "To the Field of Stars.")
Most, if not all of that book, can be read here:

Google Books

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello Mark,

Not wanting to appear as if I was flogging my work in this forum I normally wouldn’t mention this, but since you asked… I am a working writer with five books in print, a screenplay, dozens of articles, etc. My book, A Pilgrim’s Path, is a fictionalized memoir, a story of adventure, love and transformation played out along the Camino.

The first two chapters may be read on my website: http://www.jamesmorganayres.com

I will forward Part One, in digital format upon request, and will provide the entire book, in it’s ebook version, free of charge to any forum member who requests it, as soon as it’s ready to be delivered. You will be able to read it on any computer.

The print version will be available from a major publisher in 2011.

Cheers,

Morgan

Published in 2017.16015516960207595164599819286079.jpg

Most read last week in this forum

This book by Katherine Lack landed on my doormat last week. I ordered it having found her Frontstalag 142, The Internment Diary of an English Lady fascinating, not least because my grandmother and...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back