• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Good Friday in Ponferrada

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
My guess is that there'll be things happening--- her best bet is to make enquiry of the hospitalerx or her innkeeper. If she leaves early on Good Friday, she will likely miss out on any parades that afternoon.

http://leonocio.es/event/programa-de-semana-santa-en-ponferrada/
(Pictures right at the end of the page)

There is a procession at 9 am, also one in the evening but your friend may have started walking by then...
Also apparently the bars serve a special 'limonada'...
Here's the itinerary of the procession:
  • 9:00 horas. Procesión del encuentro con salida desde San Andrés, avenida del castillo, glorieta el Cruceiro, avenida del Castillo, calle Obispo Osmundo, calle Ancha, plaza del Ayuntamiento, calle del Reloj, plaza de La Encina, calle Gil y Carrasco, avenida del Castillo, iglesia de San Andrés.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Portomarine has a Festa do Augardente on Easter Sunday - celebrating with the local hooch.
OMG Kanga.... this sounds amazing. I'm smiling :) Buen Camino, Caesar

There is a curious and old tradition in Castilla León and therefore Ponferrada. Only at Easter, people go mainly to some hotels to bet money in a game called "chapas". In Franco times when betting money was absolutely forbidden. Chapas was allowed at Easter only in León.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
OMG this is soooooo exciting. I'm arriving in Santiago on 20 March 2016 at about 8.30 pm and after I've slept, will go to the masses and to the Pilgrims' Office and talk to my friends for suggestions which Camino to walk, just so I can be back in Santiago for the Easter service. BUT... there's going to be sooooo much to participate in. I'm soooo excited. Buen Camino, my friends :). You will be in my thoughts and prayers :)_ Caesar

I will arrive for mini Camino in Sdc on Palmsunday so I too look forward to my four days to Fisterra. And on good friday the three processions in SdC.

OMG this is soooooo exciting. I'm arriving in Santiago on 20 March 2016 at about 8.30 pm and after I've slept, will go to the masses and to the Pilgrims' Office and talk to my friends for suggestions which Camino to walk, just so I can be back in Santiago for the Easter service. BUT... there's going to be sooooo much to participate in. I'm soooo excited. Buen Camino, my friends :). You will be in my thoughts and prayers :)_ Caesar

Hi maybe I bump into you!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back