• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Good News for foot passengers on P&O Ferries from Dover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018
I was just going through my Emails and came across an E-Mail from the Via Francigene website telling that as of June 17, 2022 P&O Ferries are once again allowing for foot passengers to board from Dover England to Calais France (and I assume vise versa).
This has been a long time coming with their labor "issues", hopefully resolved. The news article also mentioned the DFDS and Irish ferry lines are currently not allowing foot passengers.
Having this in mind maybe its time to start planning for next years Via Francigena.

**Edit** - I just went to the P&O web page and found that foot passengers cannot just walk up to the ticket window in the terminal and purchase a ticket, but MUST purchase their ticket in ADVANCE online via their webpage.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
t is good news. The situation has been absurd. But I would assume that passengers would board at Dover as before rather than Canterbury which is a long way from the sea!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, my fingers got ahead of my brain. Thank you !

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Good news for pilgrims on the VF: https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/historic-pilgrim-hostel-reopens-in-siena-tuscany/

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.