Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Good news: the Invierno has doubled in popularity, according to 2018 stats!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Wow, that's amazing and positive news. The route maintenance must be much improved from when we walked in 2014; at that time some sections were completely overgrown and we had to detour onto nearby roads to get through. It's a wonderful Camino. We especially enjoyed the sections along the Rio Sil, and walking through the Ribera Sacra wine country.

Wow, that's amazing and positive news. The route maintenance must be much improved from when we walked in 2014; at that time some sections were completely overgrown and we had to detour onto nearby roads to get through. It's a wonderful Camino. We especially enjoyed the sections along the Rio Sil, and walking through the Ribera Sacra wine country.
I walked it in late December and early January, and I found it very well-marked!

The stretch along the Sil and through the Ribeira Sacra was my favourite part, two :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am walking it in September 2019. Bought the guide but it doesn't really give information on location of alburgues. Any information would be useful.

Purchase the "Wise Pilgrim " App on your phone. Also, if you search on this site, some guides are available as well. These worked just fine as it is very well marked. Only a few albergues on this route. Be financially prepared to stay in a few hotels or Hostels. Also, be prepared to carry a few meals with you as this route lacks the logistics for meals and accommodations. Absolutely stunning Camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Purchase the "Wise Pilgrim " App on your phone. Also, if you search on this site, some guides are available as well. These worked just fine as it is very well marked. Only a few albergues on this route. Be financially prepared to stay in a few hotels or Hostels. Also, be prepared to carry a few meals with you as this route lacks the logistics for meals and accommodations. Absolutely stunning Camino.
Thank you Eric.

I am walking it in September 2019. Bought the guide but it doesn't really give information on location of alburgues. Any information would be useful.
The forum guide lists almost all if not all accommodations on the Invierno! There are very few albergues indeed, but quite a lot of inexpensive pensiones and hostales. I second Eric's advice to carry some food with you, too.

Here's my detailed and very recent account on the Invierno, including detailed information on accommodations and bars/supermarkets.

Not entirely sure why more people on a camino is positive, for some the quite less used ones are the most attractive purely because there are less people.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I walked it in September and only saw 4 other pilgrims the whole 300km. What an awesome Camimo!!
Now, dont ruin it by advertising!! ;)

Not entirely sure why more people on a camino is positive, for some the quite less used ones are the most attractive purely because there are less people.

Well, Stroller, I think that the main positive is that unless a camino reaches a critical mass, the private initiative to build albergues (and other services for pilgrims) will not materialize. Right now on the Invierno, there are only two pilgrim-specific albergues, and they are about 12 kms apart from each other. One town, Pobra de Brollón, has responded to the closing of the one private place in town with an offer of the sports center for pilgrims and plans to build an albergue, so it it happening slowly. There is lots of talk about opening albergues along the way, but until the pilgrims materialize, the real push is not there. The proverbial chicken and egg problem.

Fewer people is great, no people is too lonely for many. I know there are a few of us who relish walking caminos where we sleep alone and meet no one, but as someone who has walked the Invierno several times, it would be great to meet a few others along the way. And from the vantage point of all these dying villages, the camino very much seems like a great opportunity for revitalization. Of course, to use another egg metaphor, it’s like the goose that laid the golden egg — how can you get to that magic “just right” number of pilgrims without the massification that makes people search out these untraveled caminos in the first place!

Check out the forum Invierno guide. Hot off the presses, 2019 version.

Sorry if i keep posting information about it, but it is too good a resource for Invierno pilgrims to be hidden away and un-used by new Invierno pilgrims.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello to the Invierno Club!
I will be walking the Invierno in May and have been following this forum with great interest.
Many thanks to everyone for all the info and special thanks for the latest Invierno Guide. What a great job!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back