Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

LIVE from the Camino Good news! Update: Found IDs & cash returned to owner

Elle T

Past OR future Camino
Currently walking my first Camino
Greetings from Sarria!

About 30 minutes ago, in a store in Sarria, I found a German Identity Card, insurance card, bank card and some cash for a woman named Verena Bauer. My husband walked through town asking about her but no one seemed to know her. We tried to take these items to the police station but they are on siesta.

If you are or know Verena Bauer, please have her call me at +34 600 311 604 so that I can give her items back to her. If I don't hear from her today, I will go back to the police station to drop them off before we leave Sarria in in the morning.

Please spread the word. This poor woman is probably freaking out. Really hope the community can rally to get these back to her.

Buen Camino.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Past OR future Camino
2014, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Various routes...
Hello Elle! I hope you are successful in returning Verena's things to her.
There is also a German Forum but I do not know the address...anyone?
Buen Camino!

Past OR future Camino
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
I contacted Paderborn in Pamplona to see if they could post this on a German forum. I'm sure there are pilgrims on this forum who can do the same. I sure hope she finds it. In the meantime, I'm sure the woman is frantic! Hopefully the two will connect.

Stephen

Past OR future Camino
Twice walked from St Jean to Estella and once from Sarria to Santiago. Maybe someday I'll find the time to do the entire walk.
I've found the time. Just completed SJPP to Santiago. 25 Aug to 1st Oct, 2016.
And now the Portuguese from Lisbon.
I contacted Paderborn in Pamplona to see if they could post this on a German forum. I'm sure there are pilgrims on this forum who can do the same. I sure hope she finds it. In the meantime, I'm sure the woman is frantic! Hopefully the two will connect.
Great minds think alike, Annie. Or is it that fools seldom differ? :)

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

GettingThere

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Roncesvalles-SdC Apr-Jun 2015
Roncesvalles-Sarria Sep-Oct 2017
C. Frances sections Apr-Jun 2019
Amazingly, Verena walked into the restaurant we were dining in! Her items are now safely in her possession. Another great Camino moment!
Now that's the sort of ending we like to hear about! Well done, @Elle T - Verena will be one very relieved pilgrim today, and she'll tell the story of the Camino angel who saved the day for her!

annakappa

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Part frances jun 07/rest frances may- jun 2008/Frances sept-oct 2009/ Sanabres Oct 2010/Frances sept-oct 2011/Aragones Sept-Oct 2012. Hospitalero Sept 2010, Amiga in Pilgrim's Office Oct 2013. Part Primitivo Oct 2013. Portugues from Porto June 2015.
Fantastic!

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Arminius

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances may 2016
For you Elle T!

13564_duim_omhoog.jpeg

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

ReDDD

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2015
Camino Portugues 2015
Awesome ending!
I was the one who lost a wallet on the way last month, so I do know how she must have felt. : (
And I had my wallet back the next day with the helps of this forum and other pilgrims.
So glad to hear things like this happen : )

Moll1e

Past OR future Camino
2015 St. jean to Logrono
Amazingly, Verena walked into the restaurant we were dining in! Her items are now safely in her possession. Another great Camino moment!
Wonderful! How did you know it was her and she/you ???

Dorpie

RIP 2019
Past OR future Camino
Santiago to Finisterre to Muxia 2013
Camino Frances May 2015, July 2017, October 2019
Hi Mollie,

Always a good idea to check when the last post in a thread was. In this case; two and a half years ago.

I've nearly fallen into this trap and indeed written long replies only to notice just in before posting a few times.

Moll1e

Past OR future Camino
2015 St. jean to Logrono
Thanks Dorpie, I hadn't noticed obviously! Don't understand why the the forum moderators still allow old posts in the news feed though ?!

Past OR future Camino
We do it because we are tired and old and because all this technology stuff is way past our pay-grade and because it makes us laugh and because sometimes there are little gems of wisdom snuggled down deep in all that old stuff...... And 'old' stuff doesn't appear in the news feed unless somebody posts a response to the thread or the AI pops it into the 'similars' list. Which brings us back to Dorpie's excellent suggestion to check the time & date of the last post in a thread.

Welcome to the forum @Moll1e. We've all done it; and most of us are way past embarrassment. And those occasional reminders of the past can be very valuable.

2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Moll1e

Past OR future Camino
2015 St. jean to Logrono
Thanks for the welcome, Tincatinker ! I'm tuning in for quite a while now on and off. I'm not embarrassed about not noticing the date, but did feel a little frustrated, that's all. Thanks for your input to the forum. It's a helpful and interesting group of people to be in touch with.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads