• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Good news

• Thread starter Former member 49149
  • Start date
F

Former member 49149

From the latest Boletin of the Association of Hospitaleros. A machine translation.

We are always happy to announce the reopening of a hostel; this time it is the parish hostel in Grañón, closed since March 2020 but which will open its doors in November so that they do not close at any time of the day.
And another piece of news that we should be happy about is that since 15 August we have been attending to the needs of the people in the municipal hostel of Villadangos del Páramo, León, following the renovation work on the building that used to be the village school. One more place to welcome as Hospitaleros postulates.

Also in the bulletin, reference to the attitude of the hospitalero. Primarily, to give without any expectation of a return. I say this, from two angles. One, it is what hospitaleros in donativo, parochial, albergues are clearly informed is to be their raison d'etre. The other is that there are changes, with some hospitaleros not understanding that. Perhaps it is no harm to remind us all, pilgrims, that hospitaleros are in fact serving on their own account - travel and costs at their own expense. Some are provided with compensation in terms of vouchers for meals, but that is discretionary. I offer no judgments. I just post this as a reminder that the spirit of volunteering as hospitalero is founded in our times on expecting nothing in return. Donations are not for the hospitaleros, they are for the maintenance of the material provisions in the albergues.I might also add, I speak from experience of being an erstwhile hospitalera. Who knows if I will manage it again? Ojala!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.