• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Good shoe shop uk?

JasonR

Hi,
can anybody recommend a walking shoe shop in the UK that holds a good stock of new balance,Salamon and Lowa shoes ???? I live in the midlands but prepared to travel
Also ref newbalance can anyone recommend any particular designs, the 955 look quite good on their website but open to suggestions
Thx Jason

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Cotswold Outdoor is my chosen shop for all things to do with walking shoes and the rest. Excellent service and knowledgable staff who will give you all the time you need, unlike some other stores!

Hi there,

Have you tried Tiso? http://bit.ly/aaHXiI

Usually hold a good stock.

I have been wearing Salomon shoes on the Camino for the last 7 years and never had a problem with them. Highly recommend them.

Buen Camino!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Unless you know the lasts that Salamon, Lowa and New Balance use suit your foot do not act in haste. Go to any large outdoor equipment store such as Snow and Rock in Covent Garden, London and try on a range of shoes from different manufacturers. Different makes and models suit different shapes of foot better and although it is easy to look at a catalogue or website and make a choice it may not turn out for the best.

Buen Camino
William

JasonR said:
Hi,
can anybody recommend a walking shoe shop in the UK that holds a good stock of new balance,Salamon and Lowa shoes ???? I live in the midlands but prepared to travel
Also ref newbalance can anyone recommend any particular designs, the 955 look quite good on their website but open to suggestions
Thx Jason

As you live in the Midlands I would suggest a trip to Castleton, Derbyshire. Hill walking country, several good hiking shops all selling boots/shoes and other walking gear. We favour The Old Barn, they are very helpful. We even made a phone order for boots they stock and others didn't (replacing ones we had had previously) and they held them for us until we could go up there - nearly a month later. Real service.
Don't know if they stock the ones you mention but would agree with William. (Ours are Hi-tec Altitude IV WP - they do mens' as well as women's)
Also online at http://www.oldbarncastleton.co.uk/
Good bus service into Castleton, trains stop at Hope about 1 1/2 to 2 miles away along road.
Happy hunting and buen Camino
Tia Valeria

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes & If someone doesn't have an hour or so to give you, then point out politely & leave :!:
& check-out inner soles & socks for you. Personally, just bought, finally a new pair of Mendle boots, & then some superfeet inners & fitted properly!,just got the wrong boot, didn't want gortex but that's all available, 10+yrs to go!, They are great :)
Cotswold will give you 10% too, sign up
& you go back if you still need help.............. :mrgreen:
Good Luck David

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.