A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Google Calendar

jeff001

I have made a stab at setting up a Google Calendar that might help keep track of when we will be on the Camino. You should be able to access it by going to mail.google.com, logging in with user name "caminocalendar" and password "peregrino" (no quotes). On the Gmail page click on Calendar in the upper left corner and you should be there. When you click on a date a window will open for your entry. For example, I have shown that I will start from Logrono on May 6. You can add as many dates as you wish.

Check it and see if it works for you.

Advertisment

Arn

Staff member
Donating Member
Re: Calendar Test

Jeff,

Superior Idea!

I am now "officially logged in as to my projected start day and arrival in Santiago. A great asset for those of us in the Class of 2008!

Give it a try folks...I love one stop shopping!!!!

Buen Camino,
Arn

WolverineDG

Veteran Member
Donating Member

Awesome idea Jeff! Have fun walking from Logrono! I really enjoyed that part of my trip. :)

Kelly

I'm posted. Anybody else? What a great idea so we know who is where. Helps to possibly connect with others. I will have my Santiago Today button on me.... same one I used last year on the CF>
Hasta la Via, (ha-ha-ha)
Lillian

Advertisment

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)

How very cool Jeff! I have now put my expected arrival date in Le Puy (April 13th) and my expected start-of-walking from Le Puy date (April 15th) on the calendar!
update:
Ooooopppps.... got my dates wrong.... arrive Le Puy 12th and plan to leave 14th. (My brain was having a bit of anticipated jetlag.)
Interestingly, I made an enquiry about staying at the gite des Capucins in Le Puy for two nights, and they suggested I should reserve if I want, as they already have many people booked for April!

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Donating Member

Me too - if predicted dates of arrival in Santiago coincide we should work out a way of meeting!

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member

This is a great idea! i was thinking of adding something like this to the forum, but this is a much easier solution. When I have some time I will add the rss feed of this calendar to the forum, so that we can see "upcoming events".

Thanks guys!
Ivar

Deirdre

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (2007), Camino Francés (2008), Camino Portugués (2010), Camino Aragonés - from Lourdes (2012)

This is very cool! And if you already use Gmail (as I do) you can simply add a calendar link to your personal calendar page and click on it to switch back and forth! Well done!
Buen Camino,

Rambler

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
June 2008 Camino Frances with Daughter, 2014 Camino Frances with Son

We are loaded up too!

This will be a great way to see who should be around.

Thanks Keith :D

Rambler

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)

Deirdre said:
This is very cool! And if you already use Gmail (as I do) you can simply add a calendar link to your personal calendar page and click on it to switch back and forth! Well done!
Buen Camino,
Thanks for this Deirdre. I am already signed up for Google for Blogger, so it was quick and simple to register for GMail.... then I worked out how to add this calendar. I see there are new people adding themselves all the time!
Margaret

Hi Jeff (and Keith),
What a great idea!! but I can't seem to get my info onto the calendar. What is the site for the calendar log in? When I login it takes me to my own calendar (I can't see a space to put in the user name or the password. Keith suggested I read your instructions, which I did, but still, I just end up in my gmail with the camino calendar set up as one of my "other" calendars and any changes I make there do not appear the this website. :(
Thanks guys,
Clarisa

jeff001

Have you tried using the link at the bottom of this page? The page it takes you to has the user name and password you need.

Jeff, Yes I have, but when I click on below the calendar to log in, it takes me straight to my own calendars in my gmail, so I don't have to enter a username or password.

Deirdre

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (2007), Camino Francés (2008), Camino Portugués (2010), Camino Aragonés - from Lourdes (2012)

Hi Clarisa,
The same thing happened to me because I use Gmail as well. First, go to the upper right hand corner and "sign out"... it will take you to the "sign in" page (if I recall correctly) then re-sign in with "Camino Calendar' and the peregrino password. That opens the camino calendar. Then I think went back and reopened my own calendar in another window. On my own calendar, I clicked ADD, then Add Friends Calendar. When the popup box opens, type in caminocalendar@gmail.com and I believe it will add to your personal calendar.

I know I had to play with it a little to figure out how to add it. BUt I see that you have added your name to the camino calendar - you want to do that in reverse... add the camino calendar name to your personal calendar.
Good luck,
Buen Camino

Hi Deirdre,

Thanks for that! I finally got it! Still a little confusing though as I noticed the camino calendar site got a note from me that I want to share my own calendar! I hope I have cleared that now!

But most importantly!....wow you are off tomorrow, lucky you! and I wish you all the best Y UN BUEN CAMINO!

Clarisa
PS will be thinking of you over the weekend....en España! :arrow: :D

Done! What a great idea. I love the fact that it looks as though JaneH and I will start our caminos on the same day - and all thanks to this forum

Found this old thread..... just want to revive the calendar idea..... after writing my last post I looked at the calendar and it is empty save for one other entry and mine.
Let's keep the thread going somehow so that all who are going can have access.
I know it is posted at the bottom of each page here but I suspect people are not reading that far down.
OK here goes
Have Fun
Lillian

Camino(s) past & future
Home to Reims 2007
Reims to Limoges 2008
Camino Ingles 2009
Limoges to Gernica 2009
Gernica to San Vicente de la Barquera 2010
San Vicente to La Isla 2012
La Isla to Santiago Sept/Oct 2014

I've added our March Camino Ingles departure.

Anniesantiago

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 will be Camino #14.

Hooray! I'm on the calendar leaving Sevilla Aug 28.
That could change, but for now, I'm a REAL girl!

Sansthing

Camino(s) past & future
French Camino (May 2009), French Camino (May 2011), Via de la Plata (April/May 2012)

Can´t believe it :!: Bought my ticket today and put my arrival on the calendar. At last it seems real and I´m beginning to feel it is really going to happen :D
Sandra

WolverineDG

Veteran Member
Donating Member

Hey Sandra! I felt the same way when I bought my first ticket to Paris to start the Camino in SJPdP. :D Of course, nothing really prepares you for that first day, regardless of where you start & you spend most of the day thinking "WOW I'M REALLY HERE OMGOMGOMG!!!"

And then comes day 2. ;)

Yep, I put myself down for an 8/30 departure from the US. I told my boss I wanted to take 2 months this time, & take unpaid leave for the time that won't be covered by vacation or sick leave. He didn't even bat an eye this time. lol!!

Kelly

Sansthing

Camino(s) past & future
French Camino (May 2009), French Camino (May 2011), Via de la Plata (April/May 2012)

Hope all goes well for you, Kelly. I don´t work any more so luckily can take what time I want. I´m planning a generous 48 days as I don´t want to feel pressured. If I finish the Camino earlier than my return flight to Brazil, I can always pop over on a cheap flight to England to visit my son, daughter-in-law and latest grandson :)
Sandra

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:

I can't figure out how to register on the calendar. When I try to register it takes me to a Spanish calendar site. Can someone give me a few instructions to follow please.
Thank you,

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member

sillydoll said:
I can't figure out how to register on the calendar. When I try to register it takes me to a Spanish calendar site. Can someone give me a few instructions to follow please.
Thank you,
Here are some steps:

1) Go here:
http://www.google.com/calendar/

If you are using Gmail, you need to log out before you try this.

2) Log in with username: caminocalendar and password: peregrino

... it should work. The trick is to log out of your own gmail/Google Account first.

Saludos,
Ivar

Jacobus

Pilgrim since 2008
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2008 2009, 2014
Del Norte 2011. Portuguese 2015, 2017Ingles 2015 Fisterre 2015.
Camino??? 2018

Still working on May 20, 2009

Many thanks

Jacobus

Anniesantiago

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 will be Camino #14.

can't log in

Excellent, I have posted my start (June 11th.) and expected arrival dates. Hope to meet some of you on the way – You will recognize me by the patches on both sides of my backpack. :D

Gailsie

Camino(s) past & future
Frances Fall '09 ;
I have just posted by start Sept. 10th from Roncesvalles. I did not put in a finish date as I have over 7 weeks to walk and then see some of the rest of Spain. I retired May 29th and this is my present to myself. I probably will be a slow walker and take more than 35 walking days. Planning to stop in Burgos and Leon to stay an extra day in a comfortable hotel.

Gailsie

Anniesantiago

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Hooray! I finally got on!
I'm leaving Portland on August 17 and arriving Santiago on the 18th.
We'll leave Santiago to begin either the VDLP
or
Walk to Finesterra
or
Take a bus to Astorga,
depending on the weather.

I retired May 29th and this is my present to myself.
I recall sittinging in restaurant Zacharias,Santander after 2 good weeks on the Camino and thinkng something similar. Yes, it is good to breakout and treat yourself.
So what is a "slow walker"?

Buen Camino.

Brian.

TerryB

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Norte/Primitivo (April/May) 2009: Norte/Primitivo (parts) (April/May) 2010: Inglés (May) 2011: Primitivo (April/May) 2012: Norte / Camino de La Reina (April/May) 2013: Camino del Mar / Inglés (May/June) 2015
Hi Gailsie,
I retired last November and walked from Santander to Santiago via Norte and Primitivo this May. Treat yourself to a few comfy beds and enjoy!

Tio Tel

LTfit

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Hi Ivar (or anyone else),

I added my arrival/departure dates for my upcoming Camino in July to the Camino Calendar a while back but when I went to check the entries for that month and previous/later months there were no more entries! Did someone clean-up the calendar and remove the information?

I reposted the information but everything else is gone. Just wondering as I know that there were many others...

Cheer,
LT

M

mikevasey

Hi

Just checked mine, put it on 2 weeks ago and there was quite a few on then, now theres nada.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
Hi all,

The Camino Calendar was set up by a pilgrim some time ago, and I thought it was a good idea.. so I added a link to at the bottom of each page (with some instructions).

I have not entered the calendar, but I think what might have happened is that the username and password (since it is given out to "everyone" might have been misused)... and the calendar might have been some how "closed". With the amount of spammers that are trying to spam the forum (over 100 per day) this might be the case.... but I am not sure.

Does anyone have an idea for a calendar?

Saludos,
Ivar

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 84 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.6%
  • June