• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Google Earth

george.g

Time of past OR future Camino
French way 10, 11
Norte 12
Vdlp 13
Levante 14
Mozarabe/Malaga 15
Augusta 16
Mozarabe/Almeria 17
I suppose everyone knew but me, but I think its worth a mention that while I'm not sure how I did it, but I managed to get the route of the Camino as an overlay on google earth, that has enabled me to print the routes thro' some of the larger towns which has been mentioned as an issue.
Regards
George.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I suppose everyone knew but me, but I think its worth a mention that while I'm not sure how I did it, but I managed to get the route of the Camino as an overlay on google earth, that has enabled me to print the routes thro' some of the larger towns which has been mentioned as an issue.
Regards
George.
Sounds good George. Can you share your product or explain how you did it so we (I) can do it as well? Thanks!! Ed

Hi Ed.
The site with the camino overlay on google earth is called Wikiloc.com, but I have realised that "the walking pilgrim" (a great pilgrim resource) provides the same service, what I've done is to print maps of the camino in about 1km/1cm scale, and then printed a large scale map of the the towns on the route where needed, trimmed eveything down to the minimum and selotaped them into a b5 notebook along with info gleaned from Lauries blog, mundi camino, various amigos sites etc and viola! uptodate custom guidebook.
Regards
George

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Regards
George.
Regards
George.
Hi George and others
I have created 27 Google video mp4 flyovers stages (Etapas) if any one is interested I can Share the "Camino de Levante) folder via Dropbox. As a group they are 1.47 GB. They are ideal for iPhone or iPads. I will need your email address to share them with you though. I am hoping to use them on my iPhone when I start my walk on the 3rd of Sept. Cheers John

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi John!

Please share with me at diegomartine@gmail.com

Thanks so much!
Hi Guys I have sent you both my dropbox links to the Camino de Levante folder. I have other stages from Zamora to Santiago de Compostela and Finisterre if anyone is interested. I have almost completed all the stages of the Camino Primitivo. Cheers for now John (let me know if you have any problems)

Hi Guys I have sent you both my dropbox links to the Camino de Levante folder. I have other stages from Zamora to Santiago de Compostela and Finisterre if anyone is interested. I have almost completed all the stages of the Camino Primitivo. Cheers for now John (let me know if you have any problems)
Not sure if this Link below is a better way of watching / downloading these short mp4 movies or the Link I sent you through Dropbox I only know when I viewed one of the movies on the browser the quality was not that great. Downloading the movie is I think a better way to go. What you decide to do it will give you a preview of what the movies are about. Enjoy John
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p1kfkgsw296m7xn/AABSDFYYTBzqI7Aabtw_UiPLa

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks so much John!

Do you have fir the camino frances?
Hi Diegomartine

It a pleasure. When do you hope to do the Camino Frances? If its next year I will certainly have time to create a set of Google flyovers but since I only have only3 weeks before I head off on the Camino de Levante. I still have a great deal of preparation to complete. But i can certainly do it after I get back from Spain. If that ok with you let me know. John

Attachments

• upload_2014-8-8_14-11-18.png
    upload_2014-8-8_14-11-18.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 9

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back