• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Google maps route

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryans

I am trying to find a recent post that gave a google map with the coastal route marked on it. I did not bookmark it and can not now find it on the forum. Can anyone help?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The maps you must consult are on Luis Freixo's Blog www.caminador.es There's no other source of information which has all the Portuguese Ways in all formats not just Google, Wikiloc, PDF etc. Watch out for a new Camino too La Via Mariana like the Portuguese Coastal Way a Camino created by Luis, el dios de Los Caminos Portugueses!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Can I suggest -
If you have the maps.me app, you can then download the wonderful tracks created by Thomas, on this site.

He had produced color coded tracks of most of the Spanish and Portuguese Caminos.

You can personalize them and add you own information too.
Maps.me works by GPS, so a great tool when you’re off line and lost!
They’re superb and have already saved me from panicking this year!
Sheena

Can I suggest -
If you have the maps.me app, you can then download the wonderful tracks created by Thomas, on this site.

He had produced color coded tracks of most of the Spanish and Portuguese Caminos.

You can personalize them and add you own information too.
Maps.me works by GPS, so a great tool when you’re off line and lost!
They’re superb and have already saved me from panicking this year!
Sheena
How do you get those maps from this site?

Hi Clark.
I’m not a very technical person at all, so I hope you understand me, but this is what I did -

First of all I installed the ‘maps.me’ app on my iPad.
I found it in the App Store.

I then download the maps/tracks from this link, asking my device to download them specifically to the maps.me app -

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...uguese-caminos-in-one-file.42296/#post-561484

I believe you can also save them to google earth.
I find maps.me much more useful, as it works by GPS so you can use it offline.
When we were misplaced this year on the Camino Ingles, it pinpointed where we were quite accurately, enabling us to then get back to the track in question.

Once this is done, open the maps.me app.
Along the task bar at the bottom click on the symbol that looks like two stars one above the other, next to three lines.
This will open your stored maps.
It’s then a simple case of choosing the track you need.

It’s quite simple to save a place you’re staying, for example, just press and hold the area in question. A box will open allowing you to save or calculate a route for you.

Recently I’ve been using the Senda Littoral and Caminha de Costa tracks and added refreshment stops and accommodation choices along the route.

Combined with google maps, they have been a great resource in finding accommodation in suitable places for our group of 12 walkers.

I hope you find my explanation understandable.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any difficulties or other questions.
Glad to help.
Sheena

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Clark.
I’m not a very technical person at all, so I hope you understand me, but this is what I did -

First of all I installed the ‘maps.me’ app on my iPad.
I found it in the App Store.

I then download the maps/tracks from this link, asking my device to download them specifically to the maps.me app -

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...uguese-caminos-in-one-file.42296/#post-561484

I believe you can also save them to google earth.
I find maps.me much more useful, as it works by GPS so you can use it offline.
When we were misplaced this year on the Camino Ingles, it pinpointed where we were quite accurately, enabling us to then get back to the track in question.

Once this is done, open the maps.me app.
Along the task bar at the bottom click on the symbol that looks like two stars one above the other, next to three lines.
This will open your stored maps.
It’s then a simple case of choosing the track you need.

It’s quite simple to save a place you’re staying, for example, just press and hold the area in question. A box will open allowing you to save or calculate a route for you.

Recently I’ve been using the Senda Littoral and Caminha de Costa tracks and added refreshment stops and accommodation choices along the route.

Combined with google maps, they have been a great resource in finding accommodation in suitable places for our group of 12 walkers.

I hope you find my explanation understandable.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any difficulties or other questions.
Glad to help.
Sheena

Thank you so much! I was able to set the maps up on my phone.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The maps you must consult are on Luis Freixo's Blog www.caminador.es There's no other source of information which has all the Portuguese Ways in all formats not just Google, Wikiloc, PDF etc. Watch out for a new Camino too La Via Mariana like the Portuguese Coastal Way a Camino created by Luis, el dios de Los Caminos Portugueses!!

Excuse my ignorance but do these Luis Freixo maps come with any English translations?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back