Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Google Street View Trivia

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

BarbaraW

Year of past OR future Camino
Streetview has been a great resource for wasting time during lockdown. A friend recommended revisiting old holiday destinations, and I now usually look up settings for novels: I spent a very happy few hours exploring North Carolina recently after reading Where the Crawdads Sing.

Now I'm going to revisit some camino places, instead of getting on with other things I ought to be doing!

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

LesR

Camino Frances 2017, 2018; Camino Portuguese 2019
Just browsing Google Street View for my own trip in Spain starting in a week and wouldn't you know it, the Street View pictures from Google are littered with pilgrims. Here is an example (dated August 2017). I wonder how many of us can find ourselves en camino?
View attachment 104987
August 2018?

Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
This isn't quite what you are looking for but here is a story. I have flower beds scattered around my front yard (I live at the end of dead end street). I arranged with my neighbor for him to mow the lawn on our three month trip to Spain but, since he didn't know plants, I told him that he shouldn't weed. We come back from our trip and there is a forest of thick stemmed weeds taller than me there. On full day one I pull out the half closest to the house. On day two I do an errand and as I pull into the driveway I tell myself that I should pull the ones toward the street but I spend a few minutes in the house first. A van comes down the street and this is rare so I look out. It is Apple's version of the Google Street View van. It also got a view of my older neighbor coming out shirtless from his house to see what was going on.

Sorry, even if I could post a shot I wouldn't and won't.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads