• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Google Street View Trivia

Compass Chris

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese (18)
Just browsing Google Street View for my own trip in Spain starting in a week and wouldn't you know it, the Street View pictures from Google are littered with pilgrims. Here is an example (dated August 2017). I wonder how many of us can find ourselves en camino?
SV1.png

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I do not remember which Camino and where, but once while walking outside of one of the towns the Google street view camera car passed by me and I gave a wave. So I suppose I am out there somewhere in the cloud lol.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I LOVE this game.

I'm guessing that photo is just outside of Pamplona, walking out of Cizur Menor?

Streetview has been a great resource for wasting time during lockdown. A friend recommended revisiting old holiday destinations, and I now usually look up settings for novels: I spent a very happy few hours exploring North Carolina recently after reading Where the Crawdads Sing.

Now I'm going to revisit some camino places, instead of getting on with other things I ought to be doing!

Just browsing Google Street View for my own trip in Spain starting in a week and wouldn't you know it, the Street View pictures from Google are littered with pilgrims. Here is an example (dated August 2017). I wonder how many of us can find ourselves en camino?
View attachment 104987
August 2018?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This isn't quite what you are looking for but here is a story. I have flower beds scattered around my front yard (I live at the end of dead end street). I arranged with my neighbor for him to mow the lawn on our three month trip to Spain but, since he didn't know plants, I told him that he shouldn't weed. We come back from our trip and there is a forest of thick stemmed weeds taller than me there. On full day one I pull out the half closest to the house. On day two I do an errand and as I pull into the driveway I tell myself that I should pull the ones toward the street but I spend a few minutes in the house first. A van comes down the street and this is rare so I look out. It is Apple's version of the Google Street View van. It also got a view of my older neighbor coming out shirtless from his house to see what was going on.

Sorry, even if I could post a shot I wouldn't and won't.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back