• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Got French Health Pass after arriving in Paris from USA

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD

backpack45scb

Time of past OR future Camino
2001 CF, 04-6 LP, 07 Port, 08-10 Arles, 11 Mozá,12-13 Gen-LP. 00-10 PCT, 15 Norte, 16 Primi
Short answer is online form works if filled out properly. It also has a way for you to message your examiner. I had home address instead of destination address. Changed that online once we got to Paris and messaged the examiner that I had made a change and needed the pass immediately to get on TGV tomorrow. Got the approval and qr code link within 5 minutes. Same for my wife's form.

I guess if destination country is not france they leave form pending. The online form link is www.demarches-simplifiees.fr/commencer/passe-sanitaire-etrangers?locale=en

The online form assigns case numbers. It is easy to modify. I did my wife's form at same time with my email. We each get a dossier. Select the dossier you want to modify and use action on far right to find modify option. One of these screens has a message tab to message examiner.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Short answer is online form works if filled out properly. It also has a way for you to message your examiner. I had home address instead of destination address. Changed that online once we got to Paris and messaged the examiner that I had made a change and needed the pass immediately to get on TGV tomorrow. Got the approval and qr code link within 5 minutes. Same for my wife's form.

I guess if destination country is not france they leave form pending. The online form link is www.demarches-simplifiees.fr/commencer/passe-sanitaire-etrangers?locale=en

The online form assigns case numbers. It is easy to modify. I did my wife's form at same time with my email. We each get a dossier. Select the dossier you want to modify and use action on far right to find modify option. One of these screens has a message tab to message examiner.
Thank you for this post, I’m landing at CDG in Paris in 3 days!

I’m happy for you but it is really hit or miss. We had to apply 5 times, 6 for my husband. We submitted it correctly each time with a full address in France. Once we arrived, we received an email stating that they were overwhelmed and may not be able to process the requests. Therefore, we should just get an antigen test that gives you a QR code for three days. At 50 euro for two for each test, that would get pricey for us as we were planning to stay in France a while before the Camino. I just kept submitting. Mine came in first and when my husband’s didn’t, I submitted yet again for him. It finally came in.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Thank you so much for posting this. I made exactly the same mistake, did just what you did, (we arrived in Paris today) and I too got mg QR code in 5 minutes. What a relief. I so appreciate your information!

Thank you for your post. After reading about your experience I started to tinker with my application submitted a week ago and within minutes I received my approved application.

Hi - on which part of the application do you put a French address? The final section, "made in"? Thanks.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This is very interesting information but does anyone know if there is a similar procedure for Spain? ie. a way for non-EU citizens to get a Covid Certificate which will be accepted in Spain the same way that an EU one is.

I ask because it's likely the use of Covid Certificates will be extended in Spain in the coming months, as is happening in Germany and France.

Gerald

I’ve been in Spain for over a month and have only been asked once (a public albergue in Galicia) for my vaccination record. They accepted my American CDC vaccination card.

No other hotel, Casa Rural, restaurant, church, museum, bus, train or similar has asked.

This is very interesting information but does anyone know if there is a similar procedure for Spain? ie. a way for non-EU citizens to get a Covid Certificate which will be accepted in Spain the same way that an EU one is.

I ask because it's likely the use of Covid Certificates will be extended in Spain in the coming months, as is happening in Germany and France.
Rather than divert this thread (about the French health pass, a thread that is already rather old, in terms of Covid-time) into a discussion of requirements in Spain, perhaps a new thread should be opened. I would do it myself, but I am not certain what the exact question is, or whether it is a question about future possibilities.

There are many threads about requirements in Spain, and in Galicia in particular.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back