• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Got my New Slender Macabi

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Less fabric.
Less bulky.
Still plenty of room to hike.
Same big kangaroo pockets, phone pocket, and zippered money pocket.
The waist is bit more generous and easier to get up over my hips.

I love it!

Attachments

• 80bdfb15-b065-46bb-9b04-475d942e16bf.jpg
    80bdfb15-b065-46bb-9b04-475d942e16bf.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 230
  • a4d2310a-a390-4856-8b5e-9da93fce867f.jpg
    a4d2310a-a390-4856-8b5e-9da93fce867f.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 209
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Oh wow! I wasn't aware they were making one! I secretly think my voluminous Macabi was to blame for my Camino-ending fall down the stairs in the albuergue in Gernika. I loved wearing it but golly it is a LOT of skirt. This one looks great!

I have a Macabi skirt but really haven't worn it much and didn't take it on my Camino because of the bulkiness. I like the idea of a more slender, tailored one. I may try to alter the one I have to make it slimmer. Has anyone tried this?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I may try to alter the one I have to make it slimmer. Has anyone tried this?
I thought of that too with my el cheapo ebay mauve Macabi that I dyed chocolate brown. I paid so little for it I wouldn't mind experimenting with it.

Great improvement, especially if the waist is more comfortable. My old one is going to the seamstress to some adjustment, including the 4 inch drop waist, ideally in yoga material!

How does the skirt feel folded up?

Thanks for the photos, Annie. One thing that had given me pause about these is that in the pics on their site, there isn't a single one of the slim skirts that doesn't have an icky puckery front seam, so I was worried they'd all be like that, but yours looks fine.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Less fabric.
Less bulky.
Still plenty of room to hike.
Same big kangaroo pockets, phone pocket, and zippered money pocket.
The waist is bit more generous and easier to get up over my hips.

I love it!
Oh wow! Really nice!!! I'm convinced to order a slim line version!!

Great improvement, especially if the waist is more comfortable. My old one is going to the seamstress to some adjustment, including the 4 inch drop waist, ideally in yoga material!

How does the skirt feel folded up?

That is a GREAT idea... yoga material.

It feels much smaller folded up, but I'll be wearing mine!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have a Macabi skirt but really haven't worn it much and didn't take it on my Camino because of the bulkiness. I like the idea of a more slender, tailored one. I may try to alter the one I have to make it slimmer. Has anyone tried this?

No but I think I will try it on my older ones. I have a pink and a charcoal.
I think a flat felled seam up the back would work.

No but I think I will try it on my older ones. I have a pink and a charcoal.
I think a flat felled seam up the back would work.

That's an excellent idea! I only ever wear my black one, my charcoal is still new.... i may operate on it :mad:
Could you please tell me what the difference is in the width of the skirt?

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Oh absolutely no worries, just enjoy your lovely skirt. :)

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Annie, is the slim model just as easy as the regular one for getting the skirt on and off over your head?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
In the morning I will. Goodnight :)

Sorry I haven't taken this photo yet. Nobody to take it.
Everything works the same as on the other skirt.

The ONLY thing I don't care about on this slender version is it seems it sticks to my legs when I walk and that bugs me.
Static electricity could just be bad here in the desert.
I'll try wearing it when I get home to Portland next week and see . . .

Well, I pull it up over my butt, and the waist actually seems to have more give than the other one.

I'll stay tuned for the static update & the picture too. Thanks Annie, hope your trip is a good one. Like you I normally pull up my skirt. I asked about 'over-the-head' because do I sometimes dress while my lower-half is still in a sleeping bag, so I can emerge fully covered if circumstances warrant. Hoping you could test to see if your shoulders still have room for this maneuver in the slim model, but if you're on the road now I know consumer-product experiments would be the last thing on your mind at the end of the day!

PS ... hearing about the desert warmed my heart. I'm heading out to shovel as soon as today's snow stops here in the Great White North :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I just tried pulling my slim Macabi over my head it was very easy, room to spare.

Everything works the same as on the other skirt.
Annie, I'd be interested in seeing what the hip measurement and bottom hem measurement is on your slim. (what size??) Only because I snagged a Medium/Long Macabi last week (a Made in the USA version) and it may become my favorite. It is more flattering. I have another Medium/Long (the one I dyed chocolate brown) that is a fuller cut.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.