• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Got my tickets for late April 2013!!!

Diegomartine

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 1st. (2014)
Hooowoooo!!!!

Thank you so much to everybody on the Forum! I just got my tickets from Portland, OR to Bordeaux on April 28th, my sister in law live there so I'll spend 1 night in Bordeaux, next day planning to take the train to SJPDP, spend another night and on May 1st start my camino.

I have until June 5th to arrive into Santiago, my flight back to Portland is on May 6th. So I have actually 36 walking days, do you think is enough?

I payed $1118 on AmericanAirlines website.

Thanks again! :D

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
36 days is enough.
When you get to SJPDP make a short tour around town and start walking the first 6 km up to Hounto and spend the night there. This will make the second day easier.
Check at the info center if the pass is clear of snow and safe to cross, if not take the lower road but I suggest that in that case take a shutle straight to Roncevalles and don't bother to walk on asphalt a long way .

Thanks for your comments zammi!

That's my idea, to divide the way to Roncesvalles in 2 days

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Me too!!!
We will be traveling almost the exact same time! I fly from Houston to Paris on April 24th, and then make my way to SJPDP. Planning to start waling on Sunday, April 28th weather permitting. Have return flights booked out of Paris on June 7th so have given myself a little leeway. Perhaps we’ll meet en route!
Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back