• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Got the bug...

Cbok82

Time of past OR future Camino
September 18
Having walked the last 100k from Sarria last Sept I've been dying to get back to the Camino.

Family/work wise I'm on time constraints. Although I would love to, I'm unable to walk the whole route at one time but i feel it's time to go back. I'm thinking of walking St Jean - Pamplona in October over 3 days..

Just wondering if anyone has done this or has any advice?? Giving a timescale of 10- 15th October would it be possible to walk further than Pamplona?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Having walked the last 100k from Sarria last Sept I've been dying to get back to the Camino.

Family/work wise I'm on time constraints. Although I would love to, I'm unable to walk the whole route at one time but i feel it's time to go back. I'm thinking of walking St Jean - Pamplona in October over 3 days..

Just wondering if anyone has done this or has any advice?? Giving a timescale of 10- 15th October would it be possible to walk further than Pamplona?

Yep. You could possibly make it to Puente la Reina or Estella.
SJPdP - Orisson
Orisson - Roncesvalles
(or SJPdP - Roncesvalles, tough if done in one day)
Roncesvalles - Zubiri
Zubiri - Pamplona
Pamplona - Puente la Reina
Puente la Reina - Estella
Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Don't you see any possibilities in the foreseeable future to walk for a longer period? For me it takes a few days to get into the Camino vibe, to taste the atmosphere, get to know other "caminantes" and so on. Having to leave after only three days would be a big miss. Aren't there any long distance treks, with a similar character nearer to your home. Of course like we say in Dutch: "iets is beter dan niets" ("something is better than nothing") I wish you a buen camino

October 2010 I did what you plan to do, had a short visit to France and walked the camino from from SJPdP to Alto de Perdon. Look out for blackberries along the way. Be aware that 12.10 is a holiday, Dia Nacionál.
SJPdP _Roncesvalles
R- Larresoaña
L-Pamplona
If you stop at Orrison, there are some small villages after Roncesvalles where you can stay and even walk to after pilgrimsmass in Roncesvalles

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Little steps or should I say distances - you will eventually get there. Take it from one who has done just that. (Older female walker)
SJPdP 2012 finished Santiago and on to Fisterra 2016.
Possibly the most exhilarating section was 3 days, walked alone from Roncevaux to Puente La Reina.

A great experience and still walking caminos.

Keep getting your credential stamped at each stage.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi. Many people walk the Camino in small stages over some years but for you, as you are flying in, it really depends upon where you land and where you take off from - and perhaps where you are coming from as if it is a jet lag distance that will affect a short Camino that starts by walking over a mountain - but you know that.

So it isn't really how far you could walk but how you would travel back to your airport. Were you to walk further than Pamplona you might need an extra day to go home. Walk on to Puente La Reina and you will find a good bus service back to Pamplona and on to Estella - there is even a fast express that goes directly to Bilbao!

So perhaps work out how you you would get to your flight from various places after Pamplona first?

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.