A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

got the where, need to decide when ...

izzybella9

Solvitur Ambulando
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Spring 2011, Mozárabe, V de la P, Sanabrés desde Málaga planned for ???
I did the Frances 6 years ago when I turned 50. I enjoyed it thoroughly but am looking for a more contemplative experience for the next one. Currently feeling called to do the walk from Málaga through Baena, Córdoba, join the VdlP and then on to Santiago via the Sanabrés. I'm trying to decide between Spring with an April start (undecided Spring 18 or 19) or Fall with a September ? Ocotber? start (Autumn 2018.) The other major factor is deciding on a retirement date as this will be one of my first big post retirement adventures. I get by in Spanish but understand the Mexican accent much better than the Peninsular. I do plan to take 3 weeks of Spanish classes in Southern Spain right before my Camino. Any thoughts, ideas, experiences or opinions on Spring vs Autumn on this route would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Deb

Peter Fransiscus

Do good and good will come to you.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Every part of the year has is charm and at the end you and you alone have to make the decission.
Wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino,Peter.

Magwood

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (15 April 2013)
Camino Portuguese (1 May 2014)
Camino Mozárabe from Málaga (8 April 2015)
Camino del Norte & Camino Ingles (April 2016)
Hi @izzybella9, I have only walked in spring - all five of my Caminos in April/May. I love this time of year for the wealth of new growth and spring flowers which are stunning. Autumn may offer slightly more reliable weather, but nothing is certain. I feel about my Caminos in a similar way to my children (although there are only two of them!) - I loved them all and don't like to say I have a favourite. But if I was pushed I would have to admit that the Mozárabe was perhaps the best.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Rich1 Camino Mozárabe 4
Corine Camino Mozárabe 29
jim garrity Camino Mozárabe 1

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 188 24.6%