• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

got the where, need to decide when ...

izzybella9

Solvitur Ambulando
Time of past OR future Camino
I did the Frances 6 years ago when I turned 50. I enjoyed it thoroughly but am looking for a more contemplative experience for the next one. Currently feeling called to do the walk from Málaga through Baena, Córdoba, join the VdlP and then on to Santiago via the Sanabrés. I'm trying to decide between Spring with an April start (undecided Spring 18 or 19) or Fall with a September ? Ocotber? start (Autumn 2018.) The other major factor is deciding on a retirement date as this will be one of my first big post retirement adventures. I get by in Spanish but understand the Mexican accent much better than the Peninsular. I do plan to take 3 weeks of Spanish classes in Southern Spain right before my Camino. Any thoughts, ideas, experiences or opinions on Spring vs Autumn on this route would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Deb

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Every part of the year has is charm and at the end you and you alone have to make the decission.
Wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino,Peter.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi @izzybella9, I have only walked in spring - all five of my Caminos in April/May. I love this time of year for the wealth of new growth and spring flowers which are stunning. Autumn may offer slightly more reliable weather, but nothing is certain. I feel about my Caminos in a similar way to my children (although there are only two of them!) - I loved them all and don't like to say I have a favourite. But if I was pushed I would have to admit that the Mozárabe was perhaps the best.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back