• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Got to Paris this morning but my pack did not

Christian Hiriart

The Camino keeps calling.
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances September (2016) St. Jean to Leon
Planning for the next...
Arrived to Paris from Toronto did morning but my pack did not. I had a flight booked to Biarrtz which I missed as I have to wait for my pack to arrive here, so I got a room in Paris which l was not counting on. Since I'm here I thought of staying for a couple of days and check the town. My challenges are with language and that I have been on these clothes for more than one dance. So tomorrow I'll have to find a few personal items to hold me up until my pack gets here, hope I know something solid from Air Canada tomorrow so far they said they get it as soon as possible. But they don't know where it is at this point.

I think this a to test my character, we'll see how we do.

Caminante on hold.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Paris is getting quite a reputation for this - sigh. The good news is that your two 'predecessors' got their backpacks back - so don't give up hope. Enjoy Paris and Buen Camino, SY

The other point of commonality is departure from Toronto.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The other point of commonality is departure from Toronto.

That is what the person on the counter said, that this is happening often. They gave me a little care package with tooth paste, toothbrush and a few small items like that. So if they have a care package that say samething. Having said that, I have used air canada for years and never had an incident. I thought of bringing the pack with me in the plane but I had poles and my pocket knife in there so I checked it in. Next time I will get those items on the Camino. Live and learn.

I'm sorry to hear this, Christian, and hope your pack gets to you very soon.
That Toronto-Paris route definitely seems to be having regular glitches of this sort...so as you say, live and learn. At least others can benefit from your misfortune:
Don't
check your pack on this route, everyone!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm sorry to hear this, Christian, and hope your pack gets to you very soon.
That Toronto-Paris route definitely seems to be having regular glitches of this sort...so as you say, live and learn. At least others can benefit from your misfortune:
Don't check your pack on this route, everyone!

Yep ... 300 people on this plane and everyone else got their luggage ...

The obvious conclusion: Don't check your luggage; be a major inconvenience to other travelers in the cabin.

I will report back when I get the pack.
In reality I'm not overly surprised with this, the incredible amount of people travelling at any given time is increasing exponentially. Of course it sucks when it happen to us, but oh well. I'm confident that the pack and I will reunite, then I will get back in sync with my schedule. So no worries.

Life in the big city...

Maybe it is ‘Paris’ ;) My pack didn’t arrive in Paris one year (from Melbourne). It did turn up the next day though. I was fortunate to have booked a room in Paris to rest a little and it was delivered direct to the hotel by the airline. Just a test of faith maybe. :):).
Another year I arrived in Lisbon without my pack. Again, it showed up the next day. Now I always plan for a rest day on arrival.
Christian, I hope your pack is at your feet very soon. Bless

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Sorry to read of your baggage problem. If you wish to stay in Champagne with us in our pilgrim dorm get in touch via this thread.

We have a b and b but this year for the first time are also providing simple family hosting for passing pilgrims.

The grape harvest has just begun so all is busy but we could wash your clothes!

Last edited:
Stuck in Lisbon, stuck in Bayonne, stuck in Paris..... you're the third one this week. I'm not getting any less green!
By the way, when you've finished your camino read your post again and see what you think of the horror of being in the same clothes for more than a day ;-) Of course you might be one of those who pack six of everything, in which case we'll ask you how long it took you to offload!
Enjoy Paris!!

Sorry to read of your baggage problem. If you wish to stay in Champagne with us in our pilgrim dorm get in touch via this thread.

We have a b and b but this year for the first time are also providing simple family hosting for passing pilgrims.

The grape harvest has just begun so all is busy but we could wash your clothes!

Thanks, very nice of you to offer. I got things worked out for now, bought a couple personal items and washed my clothes in the hotel bathroom sink. All my stuff is friendy to wash and they dry fast.. hopefully my pack will arrive today so I can take the train tomorrow morning to Bayonne.

Thanks again
Chris

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hope your pack arrives ASAP!
Enjoy this "special" time in Paris. Please do let all your Forum friends know when you are really on route to Bayonne.

MM

My pack just arrived to my hotel yeah.... Now I can get on the train in the morning.

Thank you all for your encouragement. I ended up going on the hope on/off this morning which was a bonus on this trip.

Chris

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Buen Camino @Christian Hiriart. Glad your pack arrived & I hope you enjoyed your unforeseen stay over in Paris.
Suzanne :)

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back