• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

GPS (in KMZ and in GPX format) tracks of all Spanish camino's in one file

GPS (in KMZ and in GPX format) tracks of all Spanish camino's in one file March 2018

No permission to download
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Thomas1962,
This seems to be just what I've been looking for. I've got Maps.Me loaded on my phone for my upcoming Camino del Norte/Primitivo/Finisterre and downloaded the .kmz file. On the actual map, how does the track show up, and do you know if it can be highlighted in some way to make it very obvious? At 5km:1cm it's fairly clear, but when zoomed in to 200m:1cm it seems to get lost in the map detail. Also, is this a fairly recent (i.e. up-to-date) file? I'm tech illiterate but sure would like to have a good map with the route on it. Thanks!!

Hi Thomas1962,
This seems to be just what I've been looking for. I've got Maps.Me loaded on my phone for my upcoming Camino del Norte/Primitivo/Finisterre and downloaded the .kmz file. On the actual map, how does the track show up, and do you know if it can be highlighted in some way to make it very obvious? At 5km:1cm it's fairly clear, but when zoomed in to 200m:1cm it seems to get lost in the map detail. Also, is this a fairly recent (i.e. up-to-date) file? I'm tech illiterate but sure would like to have a good map with the route on it. Thanks!!

Hi Ramble,

Sorry for late reply, I was of for a few weeks.
Thanks! Nice to see it is useful.
It is indeed very usefull together with maps.me. Last year I walked from Amsterdam to SdC without further maps, only with maps.me and these files, was perfect for me.
Indeed, sometimes it is difficult to see the exact line. At these moments I zoom out, which makes the line clear, and zoom in again.
Another option is to open the file in google earth. Then you can give the line a different colour or make it more thick. Save and load it back in maps.me afterwards.
The files are a few years old, but parts are updated. I hardly met any changed routes. The nice thing with maps.me is that you will always find your way anyway :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thomas1962 updated GPS (kmz) tracks of all Spanish camino's in one file with a new update entry:

GPS (kmz) tracks of all Spanish camino's in one file - Updated

More newer camino's are added
- Variant Espiritual Camino Portugués
- Ruta Padre Sarmiento

Also in two parts in between Leon and Astorga, alternative routes are added.

If you have any feedback, addings, updates, or notice changed routes, please contact: buiten@santiago.nl
We will be happy to update the track.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi there.
These are a great resource, especIlly being able to use them in maps.me!
It will be hard to misplace yourself from now on!

Do you think you'll be adding the Portuguese Coastal routes to your wonderful site in the same way?
Kind regards.
Sheena

Hi there.
These are a great resource, especIlly being able to use them in maps.me!
It will be hard to misplace yourself from now on!

Do you think you'll be adding the Portuguese Coastal routes to your wonderful site in the same way?
Kind regards.
Sheena

Thank you Sheena!
I didn't even notice myself this was still missing. it will be there in one week!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi. I agree with Thomas above, the route is a little difficult to see with Google Maps, as the thin red line is very feint.

I did try using your info with maps.me (which I love) but it keeps making the app crash.
I don't know whether that's me or not.

I guess you're still working on the Portuguese Coastal Routes.
I'm looking forward to seeing them.
Sheena

Sorry, I couldn't finish it before my holiday. Will work on it next week. Since the last update from maps.me, 2 weeks ago, there are many reports feom crashes and a very slow app. Hope it will be better after next update.

Thanks for adding the Portuguese Coastal Route to the map!
The track is much easier to see now and whatever you did, maps.me hasn't been crashing like it did.

I'm being very cheeky now, but will you be adding the Senda Littoral as well?

I think we are going to walk a mixture of that and the Coastal Route.
We already have have Luis Freixos maps printed (even though next May seems a long time away!), but I think yours would be great to use on maps.me. If we ever feel misplaced.

We were pleasantly surprised how well it works when we weren't sure where we were on the Camino Ingles this year.

Thanks for all your hard work Thomas!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thomas1962 updated GPS (kmz) tracks of all Spanish camino's in one file with a new update entry:

New upadate & link to downloadpage of Dutch confraternity

In this update:

New camino's are included:
  • Camino Olvidado (including many alternatives, based on different tracks from Ender)
  • Camino Ignaciano
  • Camino del Estrecha

Tracks that received an update and whose variants have been added:
  • Camino Frances
  • Camino del Norte
  • Camino Primitivo
  • Camino Ingles
  • Ruta del la Lana
  • Via de la Plata
Tracks can be downloaded now directly from the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm just coming back from the Portuguese Camino. I used the Senda Litoral variant and loaded it to be used offline on Locusmap (and even Google Earth when online). This track is simply amazing. When the arrows were absent or confusing, I just had to check the right way on my map. Thanks a lot for sharing.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.