• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

GPS mapping of Camino Ingles

rmbowen15

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Ingles (2015)
We are planning to do the Camino Ingles in 2015 and was wondering does anyone have a GPS mapping of the route that they could email me that would work on a GARMIN Etrex 20. I already have the guide that Johnnie Walker has written and it will be invaluable but thought it would be nice to have a back up as well.

Thanks in advance,

Rick and Michele

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Well, quite honestly, if you have JW's guide, any GPS stuff is superfluous. The whole route is well marked and easy to follow, and is a very good camino. For goodness sake, if you can find your way to your own back door, then who needs all this hi-tech s****
Pilgrims of old, turn in your graves.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thanks for the info. I am still debating the GPS. The route as JW states is clearly marked and to be honest I think getting a little lost may be good for us. There I have just decided no GPS.

Thanks again

Follow the yellow arrows. If there is no arrow, follow the fan of the shell on the markers. The rays point the correct direction. Always.

Come on, falcon, you didn't think you'd get away with sneaking that last categorical statement in there without someone jumping up and down and screaming did you? :) I didn't participate in the last exchange on this topic, but I did just want to point out that there is some disagreement with falcon on his claim that

"The rays (of the shell) point the correct direction. Always."

live-from-the-camino/topic15543.html

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I put my feet where my mouth was! After noting the possibility, I monitored the markers on the last 100 km of the other four caminos ending in Santiago. Without fail, the rays pointed the correct direction. I would point out that there are almost none of these markers on the Camino Frances, and I am talking only about Galicia.

Follow the rays on the Ingles, the subject of this thread, and I guarantee they will point you correctly!

Don't send me photos of distance markers, road signs, shells on buildings, etc. I know there are other markers, and I don't care about them... :evil:

Come on, falcon, you didn't think you'd get away with sneaking that last categorical statement in there without someone jumping up and down and screaming did you? :) I didn't participate in the last exchange on this topic, but I did just want to point out that there is some disagreement with falcon on his claim that

"The rays (of the shell) point the correct direction. Always."

live-from-the-camino/topic15543.html
I have to agree with falcon - IN GALICIA the rays of the shell do point in the direction of travel, though not necessarily in other provinces.

If I´m not mistaken the rays point the other way once you arrive to Galizia.

Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Should I presume that it is the central ray that points in the correct direction - its hardly possible that all of them can:rolleyes:

I have a GPS route from my walk there but in 2015 that might not be correct. Camino ingles was very well marked in most sections. It was only in Santiago the markings just vanished and in some junctions but there the guide came to rescue.

I have a GPS route from my walk there but in 2015 that might not be correct. Camino ingles was very well marked in most sections. It was only in Santiago the markings just vanished and in some junctions but there the guide came to rescue.

The markings vanish once you arrive to Santiago on some of the other Caminos as well.

Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We are planning to do the Camino Ingles in 2015 and was wondering does anyone have a GPS mapping of the route that they could email me that would work on a GARMIN Etrex 20. I already have the guide that Johnnie Walker has written and it will be invaluable but thought it would be nice to have a back up as well.

Thanks in advance,

Rick and Michele
Hi, I walked the route earlier this year and have my 5 stage gps mapped maps I can send you if required - done with the viewranger app. Send me a pm with email address and I can send them over! Simon.

Hi, I walked the route earlier this year and have my 5 stage gps mapped maps I can send you if required - done with the viewranger app. Send me a pm with email address and I can send them over! Simon.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.