• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

GPS Tracks from Saint Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela 1.0

No permission to download
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
ivar submitted a new resource:

GPS Tracks from Saint Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela - GPX files for the Camino Frances Stages

Read more about this resource...
How do you load this into google maps on the phone? I downloaded and it saved as an e cel of the co ordinates but how can i enter and save this to a map? So I've tried asking directions from one town to another and it will show it but it isnt necessarily the camino path but just a route from the town to the next, most probably on the road. Thanks.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I think there are programs that you can get to open this file with... but @wayfarer is the expert on this topic.
Thank you. Will await his answer! What I have found a nice feature on the Samsung Galaxy Note, is that if I have GPS on, when I take a photo, it adds GPS to the pic, so later, if I view the pic, I can select 'navigate to here' so you can't forget where the pic was taken en route.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm struggling with figuring out how to view this wonderful resource on the iPhone I've borrowed. Since it's a zip file, I downloaded the ZipFileViewer app, which opens the zip file but then I still can't figure out how to view the .gpx files. I also downloaded GPX Viewer but am unable to determine how to get the unzipped .gpx files into the GPX Viewers. Suggestions welcome. Thank you. And thank you Ivar for the resource.

I'm not sure if this is the correct section of the forum. Apologies if not. I've recently come across Johnnie Walkers notes for his Route of Routes walk around Santiago. I wonder if anyone has done it or has recorded a gpx file for this walk. I hope to walk the Camino Frances next year in late April or early May when I will be 80 and I generally run OziExplorer on my Android smartphone, due to a slight obsession on my part. Having walked part of the Levante, in 2014, I'm assuming that the waymarkings on the Frances are better, so a navigation app is not a necessity for me, but will satisfy my mild obsession and allow a record of my travels. I have set up a track and route file for navigating the entire Frances route, as well as a series of maps from the Spanish mapping authority. So if anyone can provide me with the gpx file for this 14 km walk I'd be much obliged.

Attachments

• Route-of-Routes-Final-Master-June2012.pdf
    974.1 KB · Views: 16
It would be wonderful if there was a way to load the gpx. file to an iPhone.
I have loaded files in past to a Garmin GPS, but trying to minimize electronics for my walk next year.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It would be wonderful if there was a way to load the gpx. file to an iPhone.
I have loaded files in past to a Garmin GPS, but trying to minimize electronics for my walk next year.

There is and I've used it ... just install a app www.maps.me than use your mobile phone browser to download the gpx file to your phone. Open the file in this app, and that's it.

To be clear (for the tech clutz in me). I downloaded the App and it gave me the map of my area (Toronto).
When I arrive in Spain, I simply download the maps then or do I have to find and install a file before I leave ?
Sorry if this is obvious to you.......

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I can't download this gpx file. It appears as just a .png. Am I doing something wrong?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back