• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

GPS Tracks

Flem

Time of past OR future Camino
2015 - 2019 several caminos (7 differents)
Hi all

Last year I walked the Camino Frances. And I used an APP on my Android with maps and tracks.

Now I like to Walk the Caminho Portugues and like to ask if any of you know an AAP for the trip Lisbos to SdC.

I got the John Brierley guidebook but also like to have the tracks on my Android - OR - a GPS track. I could manage the trip with the guidebook but like to have another tolol as well.

Hope for your help.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi all

Last year I walked the Camino Frances. And I used an APP on my Android with maps and tracks.

Now I like to Walk the Caminho Portugues and like to ask if any of you know an AAP for the trip Lisbos to SdC.

I got the John Brierley guidebook but also like to have the tracks on my Android - OR - a GPS track. I could manage the trip with the guidebook but like to have another tolol as well.

Hope for your help.
You are on the wrong subforum.
This where you on now is the special coastal route from Lisbon to Porto.
This route is very different to the route that Brierley describes, the caminho PortuguĂŞs Central, the central route.
So do not expect many answers here because it is a rather unknown camino.

You have posted this in the sub forum on the coastal route out of Lisbon. Is that the route you are planning to walk? If so, there are actually two options, one called the "coastal route" that goes out to Estoril and Cascais, then inland to Sintra and Mafra, and then there is the "Trail of the Sands" which actually goes along the ocean.

If you're planning to go from Lisbon to Porto and THEN to the coast, you will find lots of information on the "coastal route from Porto" subsection. It's a bit confusing!

And Viranani is right, if you do some searching on wikiloc.com, you'll find tracks for all of these routes. Bom Caminho, Laurie

Take a look at www.caminador.es That's the web of Luis do Freixo and it has a lot of info about caminos in Portugal including tracks. Don't miss it!
This is a good one because Freixo starts with his info at Cascais and that is the coastal caminho from Lisbon. Less common than the stages from Lisbon via Santarèm , Tomar and Coimbra to Porto, as Brierley describes.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You have posted this in the sub forum on the coastal route out of Lisbon. Is that the route you are planning to walk? If so, there are actually two options, one called the "coastal route" that goes out to Estoril and Cascais, then inland to Sintra and Mafra, and then there is the "Trail of the Sands" which actually goes along the ocean.

If you're planning to go from Lisbon to Porto and THEN to the coast, you will find lots of information on the "coastal route from Porto" subsection. It's a bit confusing!

And Viranani is right, if you do some searching on wikiloc.com, you'll find tracks for all of these routes. Bom Caminho, Laurie
Hi Laurie !
As @grayland allready suggested, maybe it will be good to overthink to change the names of the various subforums of the caminho PortuguĂŞs.To many it is very confusing...central route, interior , coastal in all it's variations, variante espiritual....

We enjoyed out last stay in Portugal some weeks ago. Stayed more than two months from home and visited many camino places like Pamplona , Burgos, Viseu , Santarèm-met Antonio of the Santarèm hostal, Lisbon-we got a guided tour from Aurélio and his wife Rita- Sintra, stayed a fortnight at casa da Fernanda and gave a hand as hospitaleiros, went to Fisterre and than stayed at the northern coast nearby Avilès and Bilbao.wonderful trip -by car and caravan for them who get hyperventilation by reading this :) ... 8200 kms we drove and 23 campingsites we stayed at.
Next year we are intending to go to Italy for a change after so many years in Portugal.
Bom caminho

You are on the wrong subforum.
This where you on now is the special coastal route from Lisbon to Porto.
This route is very different to the route that Brierley describes, the caminho PortuguĂŞs Central, the central route.
So do not expect many answers here because it is a rather unknown camino.
Thanks Alberthino. But two things: Whitch subforum schould I go to get the right answer. And Who talking about the different routes. Knowing that Brierley's guide showing one route with alternates that are not fullfilled.
On my APP for Camino Frances there was infacte several alternates. And that's what I persumed was on the Camino Portugues.
Thanks anyway ;))

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ikke tak !
Just go back to the page where you see all different camino's , ending in Santiago

First is the Camino Frances, second is the caminho PortuguĂŞs.
Click on the Caminho Portugues and you are in the forum which is about the central route .

On top you'll see the different subforms like the Interior, the coastal from Lisbon , the coastal from Porto, the Variante Espiritual etc. don't click on them as long as you want to follow the central route. I agree it is a bit confusing and I allready suggested to rename the various subforums.

Well if you want to start from Lisbon you can choose to follow the river Tejo to Azambuja and Santarèm to Tomar, Coimbra, São Jaõa da Madeira o Porto. That is the Central Route as mentioned in Brierley's guide.
You also can start in Estoril west of Lisbon and walk what they call the coastal from Lisbon..as mentioned in one of the subforums. . It is a not so common camino I only saw a small part of it going to Sintra the other day

Then nearby Coimbra, north of it starts the caminho Interior, this caminho stays at the east side of Portugal and passes among others Viseu and Chaves and ciponnects to the Via de la Plata nearby Ourense in Portugal. Also this one is a less walked caminho. See the subforum and have a look on a map to see where it starts-FarminhĂŁo north east of Coimbra.

Then there is the caminho da Costa, the coastal from Porto

In Porto you can choose to walk the Central route through the busy industrial outskirts of Porto to VairĂŁo and Vilarinho this is the main route in Brierley's guide. I do not advise to walk the first part. it is very unpleasant and dangerous walking on the hard shoulder of busy roads with heavy traffic. Alternative is take the metro to FĂłrum Maia and walk from there. You then are out of the busy infrastructure and walk through a nice rural area.
Other option also in Brierleys guide is walk from the The Porto cathedral to the Douro river and stay following it northwards to the Atlantic ocean by keeping the river at your left side.
Also keep the ocean at your left untill you are in Matosinhas. Follow from there the waymarkers to Vila do Conde.
There you can choose after the bridge you cross to go to the right and you follow the central route again to São Pedro de Rates, Barcelos, Vitorino de Piaës(there is casa da Fernanda ,the best place to stay for the night on the entire central route from Porto),Ponte de Lima, Rubiães, Valença do Minho/ Tui, O Porriño,Redondela, Pontevedra, Caldas de Reis,and Padrón to Santiago.

I am not ready yet :)
In Vila do Conde after the bridge you also can go to the left and there are the waymarkers to the coastal from Porto to Vila do Conde, PĂłvoa da Varzim,Esposende ,Viana do Castelo, Caminha.. Also described in Brierleys 2016 edition.
Haha and in Caminha you can choose again ..or cross the river Minho by Ferry to Aguarda or follow the Minho river inland to Valença do Minho and you are on the Central route again
Crossing the river you continue to A Guarda, Oia, Baiona, Vigo to Redondela where you hit the central route again.

Last but not least... In Pontevedra you can go straight ahead on the Central to Caldas de Reis but also three kilometers past Pontevedra to the left to Combarro , Armenteira and Vila Nova de Arousa.. There waits a boat for you and sails you in one hour to PadrĂłn where you can finish your camino to Santiago om the central route again
This is the so called Variante Espiritual.

If you think it is complicated, study the map of Portugal and north west of Spain and you will see it is not that complicated and just a matter of choise.

Godt tur. Bom caminho

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back