• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

GR 70 R L Stevenson route.

kayagee66

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2016)
Le Puy - Roncesvalles (2016)
Figeac - Cahors (2017)
Stevenson Trail (2018
Hi, all travel booked for Le Puy to walk the Stevenson trail. I can't decide wether to finish in Saint Jean du Gard as Stevenson did, then bus to Alès, or to walk on to Alès the next day. Has anyone walked into Alès and would like to share their experience?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, all travel booked for Le Puy to walk the Stevenson trail. I can't decide wether to finish in Saint Jean du Gard as Stevenson did, then bus to Alès, or to walk on to Alès the next day. Has anyone walked into Alès and would like to share their experience?

I walked to St Jean du Gard and loved it all. did not go to Ales as I have no head for heights and I was led to believe that there are some parts of the path where a touch of vertigo would not be good. Does anyone else know?

Enjoy it

I was strongly advised not to walk to Ales in 2010. The trail is poorly signposted, lots of slips and the locals said it was dangerous. I set off on it part way, got horribly lost and ended up catching a bus. I had walked from Geneva via Le Puy and then the RLS and figured that was plenty. There was quite a nice scene in St Jean du Gard with most people finishing there.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We are also considering whether to walk onto Ales or stop in StJean du Gard. Also, is Mialet an option for completion? Is that where you stopped Gitti?

I stopped at St Jean du Gard and then walked on a few km and took bus but can't remember the name of the place...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.