• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

GR 70:- Robert Louis Stevenson trail

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
@Roz.K, if you're considering a guidebook, Cicerone published their completely updated & revised guide just last month. I have the 2007 edition but have yet to actually walk it...however it's on The (Ever-Growing) List. 😁
Happy trails...or at least planning!
👣 🌏

Planning is half the fun. I have ordered the new Cicerone guidebook and will read it thoroughly before I make any arrangements. Otherwise, we hope to do the Camino Portugues again in 2022.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you Wayfarer and Newfydog, lots of information to digest. I hope this trail isn't as strenuous as the Tour du Mont Blanc...that is the hardest one I have done so far.👍

I always thought RLS's description of the Trappist monks,
their contemplative silence and austere monastery to be particularly astute and evocative.

"A stern simplicity, heightened by the romance of the
surroundings, spoke directly to the heart. I recall the whitewashed
chapel, the hooded figures in the choir, the lights alternately occluded
and revealed, the strong manly singing, the silence that ensued, the
sight of cowled heads bowed in prayer, and then the clear trenchant
beating of the bell, breaking in to show that the last office was over
and the hour of sleep had come"

Be sure to listen for that "clear trenchant beating of the bell"
if you follow anew Stevenson's footsteps!

Last edited:
Here are some French and English films about donkey travels. Google each title for more info.

Antoinette dans les Cévennes/2020

Voyage avec un âne dans les Cévennes/

Voyage avec un âne dans les Cévennes/2015

Travels with a Donkey/1978

Since some of these are available on line you could start in the Cevennes this afternoon! Bon voyage!

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The following site for la Malle Postale might be useful. Of course, France continues to be under confinement rules and has no vaccine production of its own. The website is in French but you can use a translator and the suggested stages are easy to decode.

My husband and I are considering an alternative long distance trail...has anyone hiked the GR 70 in France and can offer any advice, please?
I walked the GR70 in 2018. There are not as many gites as on the GR65 and many of the villages no longer have any stores restaurants or cafés, so make sure you carry a couple of extra meals with you at all times. There are also a few stretches where potable tap water is not found, so a small water filter is a wise thing to have and much lighter to carry than 3 litres. I carry one and a half and got thirsty a couple of times. The distances between gites a few times were more than 30 kms but less than 35. The Stevenson Route is a heck of a lot less travelled than the Frances route and is very picturesque because if the wide variety of terrain, to include plenty of hills. Bon voyage !

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Wikiloc has GPS tracks for all the stages of the GR70, many with extensive notes (in French; open in Chrome for auto-translation) and photos. Even if you don't plan to use a GPS, looking at the photos might give you a sense of what each stage is like. Here's one (click on the user name for the rest of his tracks):

and many more:

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back