• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

GR65

futurefjp

Camino enthusiast.
Time of past OR future Camino
All being well I am setting off from Puy on the W/E 21st or 28th (or any day in between) and perhaps offer my services as a 'guide'/'Simon of Cyrene' from the steps of the Cathedral in Puy as far as Cahors (I suppose) unless I keep going this time. In the past few years I have learnt that walking The Way is not race, and can also be done carrying very little - compared to when I first set off in 2013 ... but I am a fit and healthy 44 year old and I realise a lot of people could use help, even if they were unwilling to ask, I saw a few people fall away because the physical demands became too much and there was no way to 'share the burden' - I almost lost it in the snow on the Aubrac myself. But I learned to be patient and it will come!

Hoping to hook up with a few Brits and other fantastic Europeans (I am not a Brexiter) and obviously Koreans, Japanese, Yanks, Ossies, New Zealanders, Argentinetians - etc. See you all soon.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi,

I will be starting in LePuy on July 28... this week!! Not sure where I will be staying yet, but certainly will try and catch mass before leaving. I am from Canada.

May see you on le Chemin.
Cheers,
Daniel

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Oh no... I ended up in Haarlem so I walked to Nivelles instead. 11 days (with a short train hop from Delft to Bergen-op-Zoom missing out Rotterdam). I found every single church in Holland (noord and zuid) locked so lost courage in Delft with the cost of StayOkay hostels. I didn't plan the trip at all so no wonder. Really my Camino started at Bergen-op-Zoom the first three days were practice (the Duins area down the west coast is lovely).

I'm leaving Brussels for London this afternoon on the Ouibus but thought the day from Halle to Nivelles was exactly what the Chemin Saint Jacques is like - Gallic ...

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back