Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Gracias a todos.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
Well everyone it looks like we’re slowly receding from the abyss, an annus horribilis the likes of which none of us could have imagined.

We’re now mourning from so many losses: careers, loved ones, and much more.

Yet, the tide is turning on the forum we’re contemplating pilgrimages, which we desperately need, routes to be walked and gear to be bought.

Before too many new and wanted folks appear to discuss boots, poles, albergues, and all else.

I wish to thank the folks who posted camino pics, or where they walked locally, art and book threads, Ivar’s zooms, everyone who has contributed to keeping us all on our feet this past year of terror.

I don’t know about the rest of you but this forum softened the shock of who died today, who lost a job, an old worker who died within days of diagnosis, not to mention civil unrest precipitated in part due to Covid, and, and, and. So often after hearing a heart rendering report I’d come to this forum for respite, a funny anecdote, a beautiful picture to regain my equilibrium.

Again, thanks so much to everyone who introduced topics about which to discuss during trying non-camino walking times.

May the worst of Covid take its place in the rear view mirror of our shared 2020/2021 pilgrimage through the valley of the shadow of death.

Buen camino to we all as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
Beautifully said @nycwalking Even though my way of weathering the storm was to disappear from the forum for a while (because I did a complete extended online fast), I do share your sentiments. Thank you.

Thank you all for staying around... I feel we are closer now to the end of this.
There are many people whose lives have been affected by the pandemic, on the Camino. Yours is too. I am glad that you have kept an upbeat presence, and wish you well as the future seems to hold up a shoot of hope. Humanity has been here before, but certainly not under the same strength of microscope as is possible now. Thank you for your encouragement to those who are hanging onto the hope of walking soon.

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Well everyone it looks like we’re slowly receding from the abyss, an annus horribilis the likes of which none of us could have imagined.

We’re now mourning from so many losses: careers, loved ones, and much more.

Yet, the tide is turning on the forum we’re contemplating pilgrimages, which we desperately need, routes to be walked and gear to be bought.

Before too many new and wanted folks appear to discuss boots, poles, albergues, and all else.

I wish to thank the folks who posted camino pics, or where they walked locally, art and book threads, Ivar’s zooms, everyone who has contributed to keeping us all on our feet this past year of terror.

I don’t know about the rest of you but this forum softened the shock of who died today, who lost a job, an old worker who died within days of diagnosis, not to mention civil unrest precipitated in part due to Covid, and, and, and. So often after hearing a heart rendering report I’d come to this forum for respite, a funny anecdote, a beautiful picture to regain my equilibrium.

Again, thanks so much to everyone who introduced topics about which to discuss during trying non-camino walking times.

May the worst of Covid take its place in the rear view mirror of our shared 2020/2021 pilgrimage through the valley of the shadow of death.

Buen camino to we all as soon as possible.
Thank YOU for this!

susanawee

susanawee
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017
From the heart of the Camino I say: Today is beautiful, no matter where you are. Make the most of every hour. Don't waste this beautiful, precious day wishing you were somewhere else, doing something else. Live your life right where you are.
The camino will be here.
Well said Rebekah and yes, I fully agree with you.

efdoucette

2011 Camino Frances
Since 2011 - too many to list
We are a family of Camino strangers, not so strange, maybe a little unique.
This forum along with Youtube trail videos has helped me on my day to day voyage.
Looking forward to when the time comes to again be a travel walker.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads