• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Graffiti...and meaness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich1

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (5/15)
Frances & Muxia (2016-18)
Camino from Madrid (9/18)
Frances to Burgos (9/19)
TBC
My wife and I are currently walking through Galicia and have noticed that virtually every distance marker has graffiti spoiling it - who does this?!
I particularly noticed the one shown...how mean and judgemental...and ridiculous. I am pretty sure that Jesus didn’t start from SJPP either...or Rome...or anyone’s front door. In fact I’m pretty sure he never went to Santiago de Compostela!!
Everyone does their own Camino, at their own pace etc etc and everyone should let everyone else do their own too.
Buen Camino to all :)5336D048-30FB-483D-A15A-E690E683EBC1.jpeg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I don't ever grab people by the scruff of the neck and give them a good shaking.
Which doesn't mean the desire to do so never arises...

(So besides the obvious question about the state of mind of whomever did this, I wonder how they managed to get away with doing that without getting decked by someone nearby.)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I remember seeing it. I think somebody was feeling clever, or momentarily superior, and possibly regrets doing it. I like to think someone somewhere would like to go back and scape it off. My wife and I turned it into a game for several miles — list all the other things Jesus didn’t do. He didn’t look down on the poor and needy. He didn’t speak unkindly, even to people who were harsh to him. He didn’t judge people by appearances. It ended up being a thought provoking game for us. Just another lesson from the Camino on kindness, forgiveness, and thankfulness. Blessings can come from strange places.

Thats such a bummer, there are always those with elitist views... as always, HYOH, but that doesn't apply when you are being inconsiderate (to put things nicely).

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yesterday I passed a gorgeous stone house and saw that if you looked closely someone had written a “Camino” saying about how “love wins” on the stone in English, in Sharpie. It was a person’s home!!! and this moron decided that their desire to express so-called love was more important than expressing respect. It was also disappointing because something else was written a few stones up in Mandarin. I lived in China for eight years so I know it’s not at all common for people to graffiti the homes of others; these other people - the idiot Sharpie-toting graffiti set - have created a culture of pilgrim disrespect that is infecting others. Yesterday I did put this little note on a graffitied bunk bed I slept under. I really don’t know how we change this, but change it must.

Attachments

• 426B7DEB-4823-4BB9-B6DC-28AA0B7F42BC.jpeg
    426B7DEB-4823-4BB9-B6DC-28AA0B7F42BC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 297
As much as the graffiti annoys me what really gets my goat is the people who feel the compulsion to steal the little brass plates from the milage markers. I'd care ever so slightly less if I thought someone was going to get home and have some kind of beautiful momento but what would anyone even do with such a thing?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I wonder if venting in here is the right place?

I agree with you all, and over the last few years I have tried my hardest to grasp on to perfection spurred from the imperfection of others, which causes just more dissatisfaction in myself, causing more emotional turmoil. Don’t waste your own energies and emotions of these people or their imperfect ways. Search for your own balance of mind and feel sorry for those around us in society that don’t feel as we do about our fellow human. Nothing is permanent, be satisfied in knowing this, rather than encouraging permanent dissatisfaction of society that you cannot control.

Buen Camino

How to fix this? For those on the Camino now, what about spreading the word about this awful graffiti and ask everyone who sees it to collect a nearby rock to make a stone cairn in front of that slab, or is it a way marker. Hopefully, in not too much time, those words will be hidden by the stones.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I will admit here that in Sarria, I bought a can of white spray paint and - where appropriate and where it wouldn't show up as bad as the graffiti - I "erased" it. Especially that damn "Wild Sheep."

My partner and I saw Wild Sheep too!!! It gave us Camino rage not just because it was mindless graffiti (insert the likes of "Tara n Dave woz ere..."), it was also due to his/her writing - he/she could've at least done it in a cooler script!

Well done for erasing it!

My wife and I are currently walking through Galicia and have noticed that virtually every distance marker has graffiti spoiling it - who does this?!
I particularly noticed the one shown...how mean and judgemental...and ridiculous. I am pretty sure that Jesus didn’t start from SJPP either...or Rome...or anyone’s front door. In fact I’m pretty sure he never went to Santiago de Compostela!!
Everyone does their own Camino, at their own pace etc etc and everyone should let everyone else do their own too.
Buen Camino to all :)View attachment 42268
You can,t fix stupid!!! The blame lies with the parent's who failed to instill in their children the norms of a responsible society. Again you can,t fix stupid if it is taught as a norm.

As much as the graffiti annoys me what really gets my goat is the people who feel the compulsion to steal the little brass plates from the milage markers. I'd care ever so slightly less if I thought someone was going to get home and have some kind of beautiful momento but what would anyone even do with such a thing?
I have a scenario in my mind of some idiot who stole a brass plate showing it off to his/her friends, or perhaps having it displayed in his/her home.
"Just thought you'd be interested in seeing the kilometre marker I stole off of an ancient religious/spiritual pilgrimage path. I'm very proud of it". The same mentality of idiots who steal "stop" or "yield" signs off a roadway.
Unfortunately the local governments or organizations will simply have to design the markers and roadway signs to be in effect, "child proof". Make them less appealing as objects of theft or defacing, to the lowest common denominator.

local governments or organizations will simply have to design the markers and roadway signs to be in effect, "child proof".
The old one were; the distance was etched in the granite. You could take a picture, but you could not take marker!

image-jpeg.23430

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe at age 60 I’m just old fashion but I too don’t get graffiti or the need to leave one’s Mark on WC walls, bunk bed slates, road signs (except yellow arrows), camino markers, stone/wood/aluminum fences & walls OR homes along the Way. Ok some graffiti in road underpasses is art but all the personal declarations of love to another pilgrim posted on camino stone markers, motivational phrases.......I anticipate this will worsen in coming years as more tourists walk El Camino

My exact words on my first Camino. When I walked that last long road stretch into Logroño last March the new looking Camino stone markers (a tall and a shorter granite stone) had metal pins inserted into the granite. Because the markers looked so new I said to my walking companion that obviously those in charge of installation had not attached the missing metal symbol......right.....at the Albergue the hospitalero said that ever metal symbol had been stolen.....perhaps by locals but I’m sure a few pilgrims helped themselves to a few.

I agree with you all, and over the last few years I have tried my hardest to grasp on to perfection spurred from the imperfection of others, which causes just more dissatisfaction in myself, causing more emotional turmoil. Don’t waste your own energies and emotions of these people or their imperfect ways. Search for your own balance of mind and feel sorry for those around us in society that don’t feel as we do about our fellow human. Nothing is permanent, be satisfied in knowing this, rather than encouraging permanent dissatisfaction of society that you cannot control.

Buen Camino

I disagree. The only thing evil needs is for good people to do and say nothing. Is it okay for someone to key your car, knowing your car isn’t permanent? Or should we stand by ‘peacefully’ and allow racism, sexism, hate crimes and so forth because we don’t believe we can or should “change people” or that we have a responsibility or the power to do so?

I’m greatly offended by these disrespects of the Camino. It insults the country that hosts us as pilgrims and it insults the religion and history of the Camino. It’s not difficult to start a campaign of awareness. It’s not difficult to empower people who observe these things to stand up for what is right. Together we can stop this - or at least limit it. But by throwing up our hands in helplessness, we create an environment for this to flourish.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Buen Camino

I observe and wonder why, I don't agree but I also don’t “waste” energy or emotions or use this forum to vent (rather share) over others’ acting out BUT I agree with another OP’s comment that if we don’t try to stop this ugly tradition then what will our beloved Camino look like in 10 years ?

I disagree. The only thing evil needs is for good people to do and say nothing. Is it okay for someone to key your car, knowing your car isn’t permanent? Or should we stand by ‘peacefully’ and allow racism, sexism, hate crimes and so forth because we don’t believe we can or should “change people” or that we have a responsibility or the power to do so?

I’m greatly offended by these disrespects of the Camino. It insults the country that hosts us as pilgrims and it insults the religion and history of the Camino. It’s not difficult to start a campaign of awareness. It’s not difficult to empower people who observe these things to stand up for what is right. Together we can stop this - or at least limit it. But by throwing up our hands in helplessness, we create an environment for this to flourish.

I stand with you on this one, your argument is totally valid.

Maybe for that person Jesus didn't start in Sarria. I hope Jesus started wherever he/she (the 'artist') started and that maybe He will, in His time, help them to understand that it is not necessary to announce this message to the world in an offensive way by disrespecting the way markers or other property. I find the term 'turigrenos' more offensive and intolerant. Every individual's journey is deeply personal and I do beleive that everyone who travels this pilgrimage is touched in some way by the experience. I hope the graffiti 'artist' will have been enlightened by now.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Maybe at age 60 I’m just old fashion but I too don’t get graffiti or the need to leave one’s Mark on WC walls, bunk bed slates, road signs (except yellow arrows), camino markers, stone/wood/aluminum fences & walls OR homes along the Way. Ok some graffiti in road underpasses is art but all the personal declarations of love to another pilgrim posted on camino stone markers, motivational phrases.......I anticipate this will worsen in coming years as more tourists walk El Camino

My hunch is you are right. I don’t get graffiti or marking. Some is artistic while others feel more like vandalism. I also noticed the distance plaques pried out of most markers in Galicia, which is a shame. Litter too. We took to carrying a plastic bag with us and picked up litter as we walked. In some places the task was too great. But more people are walking every year. The growth means more crowds but also more cafes, albugues, hotels, stores. The Frances may end up being loved to death, which would be a shame.

That angered me, too, it is so disrespectful. Not just the brass km markers, also many of the square ceramic shells above them were popped off.

If something can be done, do it.
If nothing can be done, well...nothing can be done.
Whichever, getting upset is extra.

€60,-
I will admit here that in Sarria, I bought a can of white spray paint and - where appropriate and where it wouldn't show up as bad as the graffiti - I "erased" it. Especially that damn "Wild Sheep."
Jill - Here its the same proceedure ever year at the beginning of March. This Year I have bought anti graffiti film which you fix with a hot air drier maybe it will work and save a can of spray next Year :)

Attachments

• Cleanup.jpg
    Cleanup.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 70
Would it be possible to have a hand out created explaining why graffiti is disrespectful and asking pilgrims to not do it and speak up if they see it? I feel like if every credential issuing authority had this, it would help. Not perfect but a start.

The other thing I was thinking would be to take chalk and write stop graffiti or similar.

We tried to take a photo of the 100km marker but it was so sad; COVERED in graffiti, mostly peoples names.

I

guess what I actually meant by this was tontey to help find your own peace with people around you and not live a life of frustration. I do agree that the situation is abhorant, so please apologies if you took this as me being a bit wishy washy

'Wild Sheep'! I'd forgotten all about that. It's taken me right back there (I shared your feelings by the way )

I

guess what I actually meant by this was tontey to help find your own peace with people around you and not live a life of frustration. I do agree that the situation is abhorant, so please apologies if you took this as me being a bit wishy washy

You are right in that we can’t let it upset us to the point where it interferes with our Camino or inner peace but I believe in social responsibility and have noticed that sometimes these sorts of things will flourish in an environment of tolerance because no one speaks up or feels that they can change what’s happening. Since I started talking about it on the Camino people here have told me of seeing people defacing markets and walls - but they said nothing. When we raise awareness I think to some degree we empower others to speak up and stop what they see. Also surely some of the people doing this are just poorly informed and being pulled in by this weird sub culture of disrespect and informing them would give them a reason not to do it(which I know they shouldn’t need, they should just know better - but clearly they don’t).

I’m not just venting - I’m willing to get involved. Im not sure of the answers but I have some ideas and I’m sure others do as well. It’s just wrong on every level - and horribly disrespectful.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Lulumom
Its funny you mention the chalk. This year my small project is to create a chalkboard in the shape of a camino shell about 1.5m in diameter to stand outside the house or in the gardens.

I thought it would be create a place people can leave messages for those following on but also perhaps it will help detract from using the markers or buildings. At the moment my only problem is finding the black chalkoard paint. Anyway I hope to have it finished n the next two weeks :) and if you are walking past please feel free to leave a message.

Worst still were the ones going down to Molinaseca advertising for one particular taxi driver. He had littered the beautiful forest in stickers, signs, and graffiti with his name and number. I was tempted to give him a call and a piece of my mind.

When walking into Leon, the city had at one point made some nice markers inset into the footpath, I think they may have been glass inserts. Almost every one was broken. What a shame.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I’m willing to get involved
You might have to start in Madrid or Barcelona, cities covered in graffiti, but almost completely lacking pilgrims.:)

Changing Spain from an English-speaking pilgrim website may be a futile effort, but give it a try. They resisted meaningful train connections with Europe for over a century in order to keep Europe out, but perhaps they will be more amenable to people on other continents telling them what to do. ;)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I remember seeing it. I think somebody was feeling clever, or momentarily superior, and possibly regrets doing it. I like to think someone somewhere would like to go back and scape it off. My wife and I turned it into a game for several miles — list all the other things Jesus didn’t do. He didn’t look down on the poor and needy. He didn’t speak unkindly, even to people who were harsh to him. He didn’t judge people by appearances. It ended up being a thought provoking game for us. Just another lesson from the Camino on kindness, forgiveness, and thankfulness. Blessings can come from strange places.
Tim, You and your wife are the kind of peregrinos that I would have liked to share a meal and a glass of vino Tinto on the camino. Thank you for the kind thought.

Those wild sheep are in their teritory

Someone with red spray paint has destroyed each and every km marker on the last two days of the Camino going into Santiago. They also destroyed the beautiful fence of someone who was kind enough to plant gorgeous wisteria for pilgrims to enjoy. They wrote: Love Wins. Sometimes just a heart and a W. It looks fresh.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Someone with red spray paint has destroyed each and every km marker on the last two days of the Camino going into Santiago. They also destroyed the beautiful fence of someone who was kind enough to plant gorgeous wisteria for pilgrims to enjoy. They wrote: Love Wins. Sometimes just a heart and a W. It looks fresh.

I appreciated your post, and thought back to the comment I made in my pilgrimage journal from my 2016 camino:

"One of the interesting aspects of the Camino de Santiago is the degree to which the way has been festooned with graffiti of every imaginable style, degree of sophistication, aesthetic, and level of philosophical merit. While there are certainly exceptions, camino graffiti seems to be of three distinct types. The first might be thought of as artwork. Credit must be given where it is due, for the degree of sophistication that some possess in wielding a can of spray paint is impressive indeed. Some of it is actually beautiful. The second kind of camino graffiti falls into the category of “prayer intentions.” We see reminders daily of pilgrims who, with little else but a Sharpie and a hope in divine intervention, leave their mark on road signs, camino markers, and other accommodating flat surfaces. Finally - and in some ways most interestingly - is the graffiti that falls squarely in the category of “bullshit camino philosophy.” This is ubiquitous on the road to St. James."

l3-EMeZxvR-w5b7KWleiQ6sWQP5fD1Z01WRbSSQDVLkC97g8EEO8qGVsS-GiAPmnNEGWt5AOvO7RSHKd9j0oCNkhAAz1JKfgE4oL2PEbuPayIv3L82kmXKf1kdpglbez6mctZHpg
yfwrfKmHN3-9lbx29pAyJM-KwQNi04K4sNA079x4_Gxhsg-Xojit0mR8dUbm4XoP8ksOxOD4tq3hxNd2aJKXjT7mP-tJt7eABQgVv1P0R5vjByy4YcAd9pDzMwjtQ_f4p4F52drK

CibQqoz8fc1e3EGQUj9Pdakdvr66kM-58IE_CssSKPXkcsyTlibBCnshGhNC-0YTlSgPg-rm_7Ero4-U8II6-6C0pm1LdY1dg0WyamNYdwi4S4HSVqctFtCAEONzseyu3THwkXBY

2zeiV41BRxHme_fARgtAjNKEHby3rGp6DQ_Rqw_aXv2ywY1cbpjnfRDxK8EP3bJVZ9TCBqIzvISV4YG5ORo45FmlinUlK9HT6LI-sHINwXmARHfOjfvLaUX5KZoOF0zMCzUpKViT
jzsvx0LsPJJaGOML2JfqYlw5Ywv4q5gYUmbDqiiAm9wvr-koVIzzlu8QuczrZ6VrAvZabtO19xV_DbPb9FI3Ln1JbQM___gIOTSrOKxlpKoSt06ABrRMdbEoFd2QcC4DUNpVhyXA

Someone is obviously tired of all the "Turigrinos" ruining their environment. Just smile and move on. And think of it as modern day petroglyphs...

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The old one were; the distance was etched in the granite. You could take a picture, but you could not take marker!

image-jpeg.23430
Those old, solid and practical markers are great. Last forever and could be cleaned up from time to time with a portable high pressure wash and the shells and arrows repainted yellow. Somebody in the local government thought otherwise I guess and tried to fix something that wasn't broken.

Oh...you've become a graffiti writer yourself!

the graffiti that falls squarely in the category of “bullshit camino philosophy.”
Ha!
That's exactly what it is.
Yet there are those that probably find inspiration in crap cliche's scrawled crudely and childishly on things like garbage bins, and other public and privately owned property.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Maybe we should stop looking at the minutiae and look outward... or just smile when passing by one of these 21st century petroglyphs and continue on your journey.
That sounds rather cliche-ish, ha ha. ;)

We walked the Norte last fall and saw very little graffiti or vandalizing of the markers until we reached the Camino Francais. The vandalism is a sign of disrespect of the person within themselves. It's a shame it is manifested outwardly for all to see

€46,-
I can only speak for myself of course, but I cannot say that when I observed graffiti on the Camino that it had any negative effect on me and in no way did it ever ruin my day or even my moment. I would see it, shake my head and move on and hope the locals did not lump me in with the ones that did the graffiti. So when I voice my opinion on how much I dislike the graffiti I do so not because it ruined my Camino in any way, but because this is a public forum and I am expressing my opinion on it. If I offend anyone that supports or even does the graffiti, I do not care. If someone who has vandalized the Camino with graffiti, or in any other way is reading this, I can say in all sincerity that I think you are an idiot.

Totally agree with RJM - didn’t mar our Camino at all. But the mindless vandalism is...mindless ;)
Interestingly, we are on our way to Finisterre/Muxia and the markers are gloriously pristine :)

The litter and trash everywhere is what gets me. I pick it up when I can, but often it’s just too much. It often looks pilgrim-related, too (water bottles, picnic food wrappers, candy wrappers, etc).
And especially toilet paper!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The litter and trash everywhere is what gets me. I pick it up when I can, but often it’s just too much. It often looks pilgrim-related, too (water bottles, picnic food wrappers, candy wrappers, etc).

How about all the toilet tissue left in the bushes...shameful. You can never be lost as long as you can see this litter nearby. Pack it out folks....people live here.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Finally - and in some ways most interestingly - is the graffiti that falls squarely in the category of “bullshit camino philosophy.” This is ubiquitous on the road to St. James."
In my experience there is not that much graffiti on the "other" caminos de Santiago. Just the normal stuff you get in virtually any city in the west, and I never noticed anything specifically pilgrim-related.

On the Camino Portugues del Interior near Lamego I did see that somebody had taken the trouble to write in 2' high orange letters (running out of space), the phrase "Hay gente que gostar de criticar os otros ma nao gostam de ser criticados." It probably qualifies as "bullshit camino philosophy", but is difficult to disagree with, even for people who don't feel the need to cover a wall with it.

Attachments

• cpi graffiti.jpg
    cpi graffiti.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 24
Graffiti on the Camino is probably one of the most disappointing things to see.
By-product of the selfish and immature.
And is simply built in as the numbers increase. Hopefully, this will become less fashionable and just calm down a bit

In my experience there is not that much graffiti on the "other" caminos de Santiago. Just the normal stuff you get in virtually any city in the west, and I never noticed anything specifically pilgrim-related.

On the Camino Portugues del Interior near Lamego I did see that somebody had taken the trouble to write in 2' high orange letters (running out of space), the phrase "Hay gente que gostar de criticar os otros ma nao gostam de ser criticados." It probably qualifies as "bullshit camino philosophy", but is difficult to disagree with, even for people who don't feel the need to cover a wall with it.
"There are people who like to criticize others but they do not like being criticized."
Okay. Sure, that's true but hardly something so groundbreaking and philosophical that it needs to be announced to all who pass by it by being scrawled childlike on the side of what appears to be someone's home (not just a wall). The "artist" must have a first name of "Captain" and a last name of "Obvious". ha ha

Last edited:

€46,-
Jesus might forgive them but I don't. The graffiti saddened me. I have walked the Camino in April/May for 5 years now. Three years ago the new markers starting in Galacia were pristine and beautiful. Last year there was some graffiti mostly after Sarria. Also, many of the Brass distance plates had been vandalized and removed. This year, new distance markers (Vandal proof) were installed in the vacant spaces. But in addition to the "Black Marking Pen" graffiti that seems to increase after Sarria, someone had a can of red paint and managed to put their mark on (defacing) at least 300 markers! The cost to remove all that damage will be thousands of Euros.

I have no respect for those that bring paint or marking pens on the Camino.

I have a closely held belief that the camino isn´t so very different today than it was several hundred years ago. More modern perhaps, and with lots of handy bridges, but otherwise there is always a correlation to be made with the past. So here we go...

During one of his numerous pilgrimages to Santiago (there were repeat pilgrims even in the 17th century), the now famous author and priest Domenico Laffi writes in his own memoir of having carved his initials into the stone at one of the monuments in Roncesvalles. I can´t help but think that if he had a Sharpie in 1670 he probably would have used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back